Licensed User
Longtime User
I was born in 437886900 (Unix Time).

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no single correct answer
The correct answer is defined by the context of the question/problem. When asked for age you answer years, sometimes "I'm almost 5" , maybe even years + months but whoever gave his age by years + days ?
Why have you included numberformat method in b4x ? if the correct answer is the one with 10 or more digits after the dot we should never round it !

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no single correct answer. It depends on how you measure age. If you measure it like most human measure age then you cannot accurately answer it because of leap years and DST changes.

you can calculate it erel because the question was: 'if someone is ..." that means he is now that old so just calculate from now(2015) the leap years and you will get the exact answer...

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The correct answer is defined by the context of the question/problem.
I agree. As I understand the question accuracy is important (if you are starting with the number of seconds then you expect the number of days to be correct).

As Ilan wrote, if the number of seconds is tied to a specific calendar date (today) then we can indeed calculate the number of years and days.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This kind of question is strange when coming from a man 43 years old
Just the general age was good, nice one :)

But @derez who said that I was 43?
My actual age is not on any viewable profiles on the www, only minimal info is always given, name, city and country and sex. No photographs either.

Sorry I've not been on this post of mine, but I've had really bad influenza in the last few days and today I'm lucky that I'm even able to type on my laptops :(

Last edited:

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no single correct answer. It depends on how you measure age. If you measure it like most human measure age then you cannot accurately answer it because of leap years and DST changes.

Don't forget leap seconds. They are unpredictable little buggers...