agraham was given the 'Innovator' medal

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'll start with the following list of extremely helpful libraries developed by Andrew:

libraries.jpg

Basic4ppc community is a very friendly and helpful community. I want to thank Andrew which I can say without fear nor doubts that this is first of all thanks to him.

Andrew is a gifted programmer with deep knowledge in many fields and with endless patience and good will.

Thank you :icon_clap: :sign0098:

star-g.gif

Edit: while writing this post, agraham has uploaded another library ;)

mjcoon

Licensed User
I'll start with the following list of extremely helpful libraries developed by Andrew:

Edit: while writing this post, agraham has uploaded another library ;)

... and two new versions of XML.dll, taking it to V2.6.

The man's a star! :sign0100::sign0100:

Mike.

Ariel_Z

Licensed User
Andrew - let me say with all respect this is an honour to me to be a part of the same community where you are - endless patience to help people and to guide new users is a gift not many of us have. Congratulations! :)

Last edited:

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Andrew for all the great libraries. They have really extended the power and utility of Basic4ppc for desktop and device.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well deserved!

Apart from his wonderful libraries, what I appreciate most is his enormous patience and willingness to help people.

Thank you Agraham!!

kyto

Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Excellent work.

:sign0188:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0148: Thank you all.

Blushes, shuffles feet, creeps slowly left off-stage!

But actually thinking :sign0102: (apart from Erel :sign0188: of course) :sign0162:

Oh, so modest....
just kidding...
"Ask, and you shall be answered", this is your way of beeing in our communitie...
Thank you Andrew, in the name of all newbies, and in the name of all "experts" too

D

Deleted member 103

one of the best user in this forum.

:sign0188: :sign0188: :sign0188:

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

My deepest thank to Andrew and congratulations :sign0060:
Every time I need a solution I find a lib and/or post from Andrew and they are soooooooooooooooooooo helpful.

Greetz,
Helen.

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
In this post is the first time I've really seen the :sign0102: smilie used. However, I think if it said 'You're King' it would probably been worn out by now.

A sincere and genuine Thank You for the help you have given me in my programming.

Christopher

linum

Licensed User
Congratulations Agraham!

Something that has always puzzled me is the image you use for your avatar. It looks pretty cool but, what is it?

This is just for the sake of my curiosity...

:icon_clap:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the image you use for your avatar. It looks pretty cool but, what is it?
The most iconic, and probably the most famous, supercomputer ever built, the Cray-1.

Seymour Cray once said that Cray weren't so much computer designers as refrigeration engineers. The bench seats house the power supplies, not the cooling as some descriptions have it. The cooling was a massive installation much bigger than the machine and was located out of sight away from the computer room. The Cray software research centre in Minnesota was built without heating - in winter they used the waste heat output from their Cray-1 machines to heat the building.

It was roughly organised as a set of bit planes vertically, so it was literally 64 bits high! The propagation delay of electrical signals (5 nanoseconds per metre in copper) was a limitation on the machines' speed as it had a cycle time of 12.5 nS. Op-code execution rippled circularly round the machine and as it could overlap operations several "wavefronts" could be circulating at the same time.