Android Question Amazon AppStore returned our app

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
Yesterday I submitted an app to Amazon appstore but I get the following email message from them. Any meaning appreciated,

We have decided not to make your application available in the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Program due to security, privacy, and/or user experience concerns at this time.

In general, we consider apps that collect personally identifiable information, have advertising displayed outside of an application, or perform an unexpected action to be potential risks. Please refer to Amazon Appstore Distribution Agreement and Amazon Appstore Review Guidelines for guidance.

Many development frameworks may insert libraries into your Android project by default, and may be flagged by us as a potential risk. You may, or may not be using the functionality performed by these libraries, but they can still represent a risk to the user.

We encourage you to modify your app to address the issues above and then resubmit your app for consideration.

Attachments

• 1634500900677.png
    1634500900677.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 137

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Without the details of what your app does and the third-party SDK's/Services it uses, it's hard to know what the email is talking about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Without the details of what your app does and the third-party SDK's/Services it uses, it's hard to know what the email is talking about.

Thanks John,
It's a a shop like offerup Android version where people can buy displayed items. Indeed the app collects name and address of buyers but not credit cards.. the payment is processed by PayPal only at this time and after selecting the items buyers leave the app and go to PayPal website.
The app is written in entirely in B4A with no non B4A libraries.

Best regards

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Their message mentions a whole bunch of totally different things that could be wrong with your app, but your description of the app does not apply to most of them.

So, it looks like you will have to go through the frustrating problem of trying to ask them *exactly* what the problem is.

Some suggested text:
1) What "outside advertising" are you referring to because my app doesn't display ads?
2) My app needs to collect user name and address for the primary purpose of the app - to allow user's to buy and ship items sold using the app.
3) What "unexpected action" are you referring to because my app only does exactly what it says it will do.
4) What SDK/Service or framework are you referring to that has "potential" for security risks because my app does not use any SDK/service or framework other then linking to Paypal's website so that the user can make a payment using their paypal account?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There message mentions a whole bunch of things that could be wrong with your app, but your description of the app does not apply to most of them.

So, it looks like you will have to go through the frustrating problem of trying to ask them *exactly* what the problem is.

Some suggested text:
1) What "outside advertising" are you referring to because my app doesn't display ads?
2) My app needs to collect user name and address for the primary purpose of the app - to allow user's to buy and ship items sold using the app.
3) What "unexpected action" are you referring to because my app only does exactly what it says it will do.
4) What SDK/Service or framework are you referring to that has "potential" for security risks because my app does not use any SDK/service or framework other then linking to PayPal's website so that the user can make a payment using their PayPal account?

Thanks Jon for the tips.. I will write to them, as I see it they mentioned potential reasons for the rejection but didn't pointed to one as the definite reason

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Jon for the tips.. I will write to them, as I see it they mentioned potential reasons for the rejection but didn't pointed to one as the definite reason
Yeah, thats why my four responses deny every one of their "potential" issues, so hopefully it will force them to actually identify which one is the culprit.

Upvote 0