Android Question Directing user to Amazon or Google appStore with same apk

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jmon, May 10, 2015.

1. jmon

jmon Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hello,

My application is published both on Amazon app store and Google Play. I have a link in my free app that directs the user to the paid version.

I would like to be able to detect which app store is installed, then direct the user to the proper app store to buy the paid version.

How can it be done?

Thanks for your help
    Jmon.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I don't think that there is any information available that can tell you where the app was downloaded from.

You can create two build configurations. One for Google Play and one for Amazon.

Peter Simpson and jmon like this.
  3. jmon

Thanks, I will do that then, if no other solution :)

4. jmon

Hi,

I just wanted to post something I found. When clicking on a Google Play link on Amazon devices, the device recognizes the link and ask to open it in the amazon app store, so no need to change the link. Now I don't know what happens when the user clicks "continue", but I can imagine that it goes to the amazon appstore and looks for the app with the same identifier... (I got this screenshot from the Live app tester of amazon).

Capture.PNG
    If someone could confirm that.

5. Sales Bennett

Sales Bennett New Member Licensed User

jmon,

I would be good if it worked.

For me it just opened the App listing on Google Play.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice