Android Question An error occurred Object reference not set to an instance of an object

AC_Lover

Hi
I changed my Windows and got this error after installing the latest version
B4A V10
jdk1.8.0_251

Screenshot (2)_LI-min.jpg

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nobody can answer this question using the information that you have provided. The problem has got nothing to do with any Windows update or B4A update, I am sure of that. You have an error in your code

Upvote 0

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
My first reply was perhaps not very helpful, so here is another go.

Don't post screenshots, especially screenshots that convey minimal information, some of which is then obscured! What you should do is export your project as a zip and post the whole thing. But since you seem reluctant to show your hand, here is something else that you can try.

Assuming that you are getting a compiler error but no Log panel messages (you don't say if that is the case) then try progressively commenting out each subroutine in the activity. Leave the "Sub" and "End Sub" statements uncommented; comment all the rest. Start with the more complex subroutines. Try to compile after each step until, hopefully, the compiler message does not appear. You may possibly have to comment out some other declarations and so on along the way. If you get to a point where the error message does not show then you can suspect that the problem is located in the most recently removed subroutine. Then either sort out the problem or post that subroutine to the forum.

If your project has several Activities then remove all but the Starter and Main activities, and comment out the "StartActivity(...)" statements in Main. That should be a quicker path to discovering which Activity contains your error.

Upvote 0

AC_Lover

It is related to the search field. Are you able to search with the quick search field (in the title)?
Interestingly, today I realized that the search does not work and gives an error, but when I said yes, it really worked and still works, but only in one project, I opened another project and I could not search. =||||

Upvote 0