Android Question Android 12 - are we ready ?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Android 12 is now almost among us From the point of view of the B4X development environments, what changes?

Nestor Castro Jr

Licensed User
I received a report from a user that GPS is not working in Android 12. My app works fine in all other versions, but I didn't have the chance to personally test it on Android 12.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My Pixel 4a just got updated to 12 and I hate the new UI and its limited control of colour - either one of four strange colours or an even worse one selected somehow from your wallpaper. Luckily I don't usually see it apart from settings as I use a third party launcher. The notification panel is a full screen space wasting mess though and that's unavoidable

I've found no functionality problems so far. GPS is fine.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
For me this is most annoying feature:

Upvote 0

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
The notification panel is a full screen space wasting mess ...
I think that it is worse than that. Many of the button captions do not even fit into the buttons, and this is on a Pixel 4a - Android's own 'phone! How those iPhone owners must be laughing now.

How can we get the Android design team to join this forum where they can get some proper guidance?

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…