Beta B4A v12.5 BETA

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new BETA version of B4A - version 12.50.

This update makes B4A ready to targetSdkVersion 33, which will be required in a couple of months.
Updates:
  • Default targetSdkVersion set to 33.
  • RuntimePermissions library updated with the new and a bit special POST_NOTIFICATIONS permission: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/notifications-permission-with-targetsdkversion-33.148233/
  • New B4XView.Alpha property and SetAlphaAnimated method. These will also be added to B4J and B4i in the next update.
  • Debugger improvements including performance improvements and bug fixes.
  • B4XLibs modules and files can be overridden. This is done by adding the module or file to the project. The compiler now accepts it and gives higher precedence to the project files.
  • New #ModuleVisibility attribute. Value can be Public - default visibility, or B4XLib. B4XLib means that the module methods and fields will not be visible once the module is packed as a b4xlib. Note that it is an IDE feature and is ignored by the compiler (might be changed in the future).
  • #ExcludeFromDebugger attribute removed.
  • ADB installation allows downgrading apps, based on the #VersionCode value.
  • Comment link to go to layout:
    B4X:
    'main page layout - ide://goto?Layout=MainPage
  • Updated internal libraries: XUI v2.3, RuntimePermissions v1.2, Core v12.5, SimpleMediaManager v1.13, BCTextEngine v1.95, B4XFormatter v1.04, XUI Views v2.56, OkHttpUtils2 v3.02
  • Other bug fixes and minor improvements

Download link: https://www.b4x.com/android/files/beta.exe

Last edited:

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
New #ModuleVisibility attribute. Value can be Public - default visibility, or B4XLib. B4XLib means that the module methods and fields will not be visible once the module is packed as a b4xlib. Note that it is an IDE feature and is ignored by the compiler (might be changed in the future).

This sounds like this wish, is that correct?

Upvote 0

netsistemas

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see that the search window cannot make the first column bigger. Is there still no ini maybe to lengthen?
Thank you for your effort

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just realized this...
B4XLibs modules and files can be overridden. This is done by adding the module or file to the project. The compiler now accepts it and gives higher precedence to the project files.

...probably is based on this thread:

Just a note that this is a nice functionality, but it doesn't seem to solve what would happen if you had clashing names in different b4xfiles.

Upvote 0