Android Question Android 12 - are we ready ?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Android 12 is now almost among us From the point of view of the B4X development environments, what changes?

Nestor Castro Jr

Licensed User
I received a report from a user that GPS is not working in Android 12. My app works fine in all other versions, but I didn't have the chance to personally test it on Android 12.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My Pixel 4a just got updated to 12 and I hate the new UI and its limited control of colour - either one of four strange colours or an even worse one selected somehow from your wallpaper. Luckily I don't usually see it apart from settings as I use a third party launcher. The notification panel is a full screen space wasting mess though and that's unavoidable :(

I've found no functionality problems so far. GPS is fine.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
For me this is most annoying feature:
Android 12 changes the default handling of the system Back press on launcher activities that are at the root of their tasks. In previous versions, the system would finish these activities on Back press. In Android 12, the system now moves the activity and its task to the background instead of finishing the activity. The new behavior matches the current behavior when navigating out of an app using the Home button or gesture.

Upvote 0

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
The notification panel is a full screen space wasting mess ...
I think that it is worse than that. Many of the button captions do not even fit into the buttons, and this is on a Pixel 4a - Android's own 'phone! How those iPhone owners must be laughing now.

How can we get the Android design team to join this forum where they can get some proper guidance?

Upvote 0