Android Question Android TV and B4A

Daniel Salomone

Licensed User
Hello, sorry if this is not the correct place to post this question. I've done some developments using B4A to be used on phones with no problems, now I face the need to develop something that should run on an Android TV. My basic question is that if is it possible to develop, install and run an application using B4A to run on Android TVs. Any experiences? Any tips?
Thank you in advance
Regards
Daniel

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You will probably have no problems - I was able to install a B4A app on my Amazon Fire Stick 4k with no problems (using B4A bridge).

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you mean ordinary Android apps, yes most of them can easily be installed (and/or sideloaded).
If you want to develop an app using the Android TV framework, then I think B4A is missing some support out of the box and would require some wrappers (or using inline java/javaObject).

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, sorry if this is not the correct place to post this question. I've done some developments using B4A to be used on phones with no problems, now I face the need to develop something that should run on an Android TV. My basic question is that if is it possible to develop, install and run an application using B4A to run on Android TVs. Any experiences? Any tips?
Thank you in advance
Regards
Daniel
See this esample

Upvote 0