Wish AnimationPlus - Sender available in _AnimationEnd

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not exactly what you are asking for, but possible dirty workarounds to solve the problem:
  1. Assign a different _AnimationEnd event name for each view (quite obvious, but not clean if you have a lot of views)
  2. Encapsulate each view in a class that only contains that view, and the event will be fired in the corresponding class instance (cleaner).
(Also, I think that this lib is not from anywhere software but from Informatix)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just a thought! would resumable subs work with it? Would be a nice solution (I've never tested it)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought of a resumable sub that you call, passing View to be animated as a parameter, and you call the animation from inside that Sub, and wait for animationEnd.

As I have never used them, perhaps I'm saying a big nonsense (my "not-so-genial" mind behaves strangely before dinner :D).

Will try to test it after dinner.;)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great job, Jordi !!!

Now I understand why you thought to Wait For: reading your code I had to read again something about this keyword and I found the "job example".

Following the flow is rather complicated.

That is, what always makes me doubt is that...
you've started the animations from an event routine (Activity_Click); what happens if they were started by a routine, perhaps started by another routine?
I should try.

[BTW I have to study 1 or 2 days your way of assigning a color :D. Is it not easier (and readable) to use Colors.RGB or Colors.ARGB? ;)]

Anyway... great job!

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
[BTW I have to study 1 or 2 days your way of assigning a color :D. Is it not easier (and readable) to use Colors.RGB or Colors.ARGB? ;)]
I just wrote what the voices in my head were whispering. Sono solo il messagero :D