Android Question Announcement: Some DJI SDK development will be stopped soon

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be prudent to have an update to this library.

Dear Developer

Thank you very much for your long-term support and trust in DJI.

In order to continue providing you with a better development experience and technical support services, DJI will now stop updating certain SDKs. After the update is stopped, the corresponding SDKs will no longer release new versions and will no longer accept new MFi applications. Technical support services will not be affected. At the same time, we recommend that you use the alternative solutions we recommend for development.

SDK TypeStop Update DateAlternative Solution
iOS SDKNovember 29, 2023We recommend developing mobile applications based on the Android SDK
Windows SDKNovember 29, 2023No alternative solution available. You can choose to develop using the mobile SDK or cloud API based on your application scenario
Onboard SDKNovember 29, 2023We recommend developing onboard applications based on the Payload SDK. The functionality of the Onboard SDK has been integrated into the Payload SDK

DJI will continue to provide you with higher quality products and better services. Thank you again for your concern and support. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our developer technical support. The email address is [email protected]

This notice is hereby given.

DJI

November 29, 2023

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"SDK Type: iOS SDK - We recommend developing mobile applications based on the Android SDK"

So I guess iOS users are S.O.L.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
I always thought it was strange that the command controls were on Android... hence the need for updated libraries.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
DJI made a big mess out of their SDK.

The new SDK supports very few devices:

And it is of course not backward compatible. Rewriting the library to support these few drones, is a bit too much. Maybe in the future where more drones will be supported.

Upvote 0

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel...I understand that it can be something very difficult to do...I really have no idea...but there is the possibility of a new library in sdk5, thanks

Upvote 0

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
If that was the concern that SDK 5 is useful for more industrial drones...I once heard as a strategy...especially for small projects to make applications for more select groups...I don't know...I think the new libraries will be I miss it, thank you very much anyway

Upvote 0