Bug? Any Layout is not Recognized when the project is in PenDrive

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is easy to reproduce:

* just create one project in your pendrive, save
* run without any layouts, and works!
* create a new layout, load from any place (root.panel, panel, etc), and will NOT WORKS!

I tried with pendrive formated with NTFS, FAT32, EX-FAT and no one works

This is important, because I work with projects on pendrive to develop in any computer I want (home, work, etc) without copy first to c:

D

Deleted member 103

Ok @Erel I just not understand why this problem happens just with layouts and works fine with modules for example....

But is ok, if not supported, i will copy first everything to C: and when finish my work, copy to pen drive....

Thanks
I've been using a USB-disk for a couple of years and it works without problems.

D

Deleted member 103

OK, can you try something:

Open your project from pendrive, create a new layout and load from any page, simple as page1.rootpanel.loadlayout("yourlayout")

Check my video on the first post....

Thank you

Alberto Iglesias
I have tested it just like you, it works without problems. ;)

D

Deleted member 103

OK. let me know your pendrive format...

I'm using Windows 10 - 64bits and Pendrive I tried with Fat32 and extFat, in pendrives with 128gb and 256gb.
I also use Windows 10 64 bit. and it is a SSD-disk in a USB-case.

upload_2019-5-14_19-3-12.png

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Filipo, after 4 hours formatting, done! I tried before with Quick Format and NOT WORK!

So, I tried with the same test I created before, and now with this format WORKS FINE!

With a lot of tests, I can say it now not works with exFat even with Fat32, but with NTFS is working FINE!

Thank you and your help was super helpfull.

Now I came back with my projects inside this pendrive without copying first to HD!

:)

Last edited: