Anyone get the Email library to work?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mwaite, May 17, 2007.

1. mwaite

mwaite Member Licensed User

Hi all,

Anyone get the Email library to work?

If I try to add the EmailDesktop.dll component to the project (I know it's a dummy dll), I get "The format of the file 'EmailDesktop.dll' is invalid." When I try to run the sample email application (from the HELP file) on the PDA, I get "Error loading program. \..filepath\EmailDevice.dll".

I have also tried re-downloading the Email library files from the website.

Makes me believe there is a problem with the source files??

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The Email library works properly.
    As written in the setup instructions it requires .Net CF 2.0 and it will only work on WM5 or WM6 devices.
    See this page for instructions on installing .net cf 2.0: www.basic4ppc.com/netcf2.html

3. mwaite

Hi Erel,

Yeah I had thought of that. I have confirmed I have .Net CF 2.0 installed on my PDA (Cingular 8525 WM5), and .Net 1.1 / .Net 2.0 installed on the PC.

Would a problem with .Net CF 2.0 on the PDA still generate the error I see when I try to add the desktop dll too? Seems like I have an issue with both dlls.

I wonder if it's a problem with .Net? Do you have any recommendations? I'm kinda at a loss!

(btw, suspecting a problem in your librarys is always my absolute last idea! This is some sweet stuff!! :sign0188: )

-Mike

4. Erel

5. mwaite

Hi Erel,

Thanks for the quick response. Apparently I'm failing on both devices! Just my luck I guess :sign0161: .

Do you know if there is a problem installing .Net CF 2 on a storage card? I did that to save lots o' memory. Only thing I can think of on the PDA side.

Thanks,
    Mike

6. Erel

It sounds like a bad idea to install it on a storage card.
    The .Net CF is the core for all .Net applications.

7. specci48

specci48 Well-Known Member Licensed User

I haven't installed .Net CF 2 yet but I was thinking about the the same possibilities (internal or storage card) due to lack of memory on the device.

Question:
    How much space is needed to install it on the device? :sign0163:

8. Erel

I think it is around 3mb (maybe a little less).

9. specci48

specci48 Well-Known Member Licensed User

That is not as much as I expected...
    And I have the eVB runtime installed on my device (also around 3mb) but currently I'm rewriting those apps using basic4ppc :sign0060:

10. Erel

The download file is pretty big (30mb), but it is only because it includes files for different device versions.