Anyone get the Email library to work?

mwaite

Licensed User
Hi all,

Anyone get the Email library to work?

If I try to add the EmailDesktop.dll component to the project (I know it's a dummy dll), I get "The format of the file 'EmailDesktop.dll' is invalid." When I try to run the sample email application (from the HELP file) on the PDA, I get "Error loading program. \..filepath\EmailDevice.dll".

I have also tried re-downloading the Email library files from the website.

Makes me believe there is a problem with the source files??

Thanks,
Mike

mwaite

Licensed User
Hi Erel,

Yeah I had thought of that. I have confirmed I have .Net CF 2.0 installed on my PDA (Cingular 8525 WM5), and .Net 1.1 / .Net 2.0 installed on the PC.

Would a problem with .Net CF 2.0 on the PDA still generate the error I see when I try to add the desktop dll too? Seems like I have an issue with both dlls.

I wonder if it's a problem with .Net? Do you have any recommendations? I'm kinda at a loss!

(btw, suspecting a problem in your librarys is always my absolute last idea! This is some sweet stuff!! :sign0188: )

-Mike

mwaite

Licensed User
Hi Erel,

Thanks for the quick response. Apparently I'm failing on both devices! Just my luck I guess :sign0161: .

Do you know if there is a problem installing .Net CF 2 on a storage card? I did that to save lots o' memory. Only thing I can think of on the PDA side.

Thanks,
Mike

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't installed .Net CF 2 yet but I was thinking about the the same possibilities (internal or storage card) due to lack of memory on the device.

Question:
How much space is needed to install it on the device? :sign0163:

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
That is not as much as I expected...
And I have the eVB runtime installed on my device (also around 3mb) but currently I'm rewriting those apps using basic4ppc :sign0060: