Android Question Anyone know what this means? (Maybe a Firebase related log message?)

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a perfectly running app which streams files from a Firebase bucket into ExoPlayer. However, in the Log, I always have this long error message string. Does anyone know what it means, and more important, whether I need to worry about it?

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sure that it is related to your app?
In lines 4, 5, 13 and 14 I've xxxxxx'd out my app name, so yes, it must have something to do with it. I'm suspecting it has something to do with the Firebase access; I'll report back if I find out something conclusive.

Upvote 0

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
In lines 4, 5, 13 and 14 I've xxxxxx'd out my app name, so yes, it must have something to do with it. I'm suspecting it has something to do with the Firebase access; I'll report back if I find out something conclusive.

UPDATE: In doing some research, I've found quite a few cases where Exoplayer "seems" to have caused exactly the kind of looger output that I've reported. Here's an example: https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer/issues/3071. There's also a lot of mention of "texturing" of Exoplayer being involved, which is presently way outside of what I want to spend time figuring out right now. My app is working. However, I'm wondering whether these kinds of "crashes" count toward the crash could on Google Play once my app is published. Will keep this thread posted if anything develops.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…