Android Code Snippet Anywhere Software animated gif

It would be a nice thing if you added this animated gif to your apps (better with also a link to B4X.com)

Anywhere-SW.gif

EDIT - See post #5 - the gif below does not include the Apple logo:
Anywhere-Software-2.gif

V. 3
As you can see, the gif above are not "perfect", there are "noises", due to the tool I used to create them "capturing" the screen part (b4j form), LICEcap.
For this new version I used this new library (author: @Blueforcer):
Animated GIF encoder

and this is the result, without dirt, as you can see:
Anywhere-Software-3.gif

(the texts animation is different, I know, and maybe the first kind is nicer; for the moment I have had to do it this way.
I have to check but this version is "heavier", 1,503,506 bytes). EDIT: Yes, this is four times heavier. I could use an optimization tool, I don't know how much you could save.

The real purpose of this new version was to test that very useful new library :). In addition, I had to change the method, in order to use the Views Snapshot method (now a panel contains all the ImageViews involved in the animation; before they, the text ones, scrolled on the Form)

EDIT: Evidently I had already solved the "dirt" problem and I didn't remember it (or now my eyes are tired and I don't see it ๐Ÿ˜Ž)

NOTE: as you know, I am not a "staff member", not an "Anywhere Software" employee.

EDIT: at @Beja's request, attached a builder project, BuildAnywsfGif.zip, which I hope is what I actually used for the first animation ๐Ÿ˜Š. Remeber that it only shows the animation; to create the animated gif I used LICEcap.

EDIT: Attached the builder project (BuildAnywsfGifEnc.zip), which uses this animated gif encoder library to create the animated gif.

Attachments

• BuildAnywsfGif.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 498
  • BuildAnywsfGifEnc.zip
    55 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice work Luca. How did you created this animation?

P.S. I watched a science video and I remembered you. It was about Last Universal Common Ancestor - LUCA...๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Last edited:

thetahsk

Licensed User
Longtime User
referring to the Apple logo

Apple Logo and Apple-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Apple Logo or any other Apple-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from ...

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice work Luca. How did you created this animations?

P.S. I saw a science video and I remembered you. It was about Last Universal Common Ancestor - LUCA...๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
Actually, I'm a real... beginner ๐Ÿ˜„ , in terms of graphics (also because I'm very very young ๐Ÿคฅ๐Ÿ˜„).

I simply used B4J (ImageViews), after cutting and adapting various images using Paint Net.
To get the animated gif I used LICECap.

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
referring to the Apple logo

Apple Logo and Apple-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Apple Logo or any other Apple-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from ...

I don't know if that gif violates the Copyright or Trademark rules; eventually, you could use this one:

Anywhere-Software-2.gif

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be a nice gesture if you added this animated gif to your apps (better with also a link to B4X.com)

View attachment 87363

Anywhere-Software-2.gif

V. 3
As you can see, the gif above are not "perfect", there are "noises", due to the tool I used to create them "capturing" the screen part (b4j form), LICEcap.
Animated GIF encoder

Anywhere-Software-3.gif

(the texts animation is different, I know, and maybe the first kind is nicer; for the moment I have had to do it this way.
I have to check but this version is "heavier", 1,503,506 bytes). EDIT: Yes, this is four times heavier. I could use an optimization tool, I don't know how much you could save.

The real purpose of this new version was to test that very useful new library :). In addition, I had to change the method, in order to use the Views Snapshot method (now a panel contains all the ImageViews involved in the animation; before they, the text ones, scrolled on the Form)

EDIT: Evidently I had already solved the "dirt" problem and I didn't remember it (or now my eyes are tired and I don't see it ๐Ÿ˜Ž)

NOTE: as you know, I am not a "staff member", not an "Anywhere Software" employee.
It would be a nice gesture if you added this animated gif to your apps (better with also a link to B4X.com)

View attachment 87363

Anywhere-Software-2.gif

V. 3
Animated GIF encoder

Anywhere-Software-3.gif

Would you share the code snippet? ;)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Would you share the code snippet? ;)
Sure, I will do it, given this your request (not a great project, nothing special; the "hardest" job probably was "creating" the images - using Paint Net).

To create the first two gifs I used a method, for the third I used a different one, as in this second project I wanted to try a recent library that generates the animated gif (while for the first, in addition to the B4J project, I used an external tool for generating the gif, LICEcap).

Using that library has many advantages; unfortunately it produces a much larger file, about 4 times as much.

I'll add the projects to the first post, soon (the problem will be to attach the image files).

Last edited: