Android Question API level requirement

Shelby

Licensed User
This morning Google Play has emailed me to say my API level must be updated by August 31. Does this mean since I have increased my manifest Editor upper level to 33, I just have to update the Google Play dashboard, etc.?
Thanks

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, the email is going around. I have over 10 apps to update.

1.Using the latest B4A IDE, and Android SDK pointing to 33.
2. Set the target SDK in the manifest to 33. Compile new app version
3. Upload the updated app to the store for approval.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an app which already target 33 but it also received same warning that it should be updated to target SDK 33.

Exhibit A

1692381085442.png

Exhibit B

1692381186798.png

Exhibit C

1692381320397.png

Upvote 0

noeleon

Licensed User
I received the same email so I checked my code to confirm and it is targeted to 33.
I reinstalled it from Play Store and uploaded the apk to Virustotal and it says target sdk is indeed 33.
Must be a mistake by Google so I clicked "Request more time" to extend the deadline to November 1 and wait for them to sort their sh*t out.
Screenshot_20230819-090526.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

noeleon

Licensed User
@mcqueccu
Upon further checking I found out that the Alpha and Internal testing versions target sdk 31.
My app is currently in Beta. I hope the email means I won't be able to update ONLY those channels.

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
I actually have more complications. I can't seem to update my website (Godaddy) to add my Data Safety announcement and my Privacy announcement for Google Play. I inadvertently had linux as a site type for over 20 years and yesterday I changed it to Windows for $93. Still I can't get filezilla to update my webpages just like the last 6 months at least. Now I'll go to Godaddy support chat and see if they have a solution to years old now problems of many users unable to update their websites; I googled the problem and there have been many instances of my same problem for a long time with no solutions.

If you're interested, Hurricane Hilary has hit this morning here in San Diego and it is a very weak day of showers thus far (at 10 am); no frightening storm as portrayed by news media.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hilary has hit this morning here in San Diego
I just spoke to a friend in San Diego on our weekly old school friends Sunday Zoom get together and as we started at 17:00 BST it had just started with a light shower there. Let's hope that is all it will be.šŸ¤ž

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
It's just steady rain for now. I forgot your name. Andrew? I'm in the Godaddy support help chatroom right now. Holding steady light rain (7pm zulu).
12pm here. 8 in Britain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0