What size in pixels do you make the various icons:

background.png:
foreground.png:
ic_launcher.png:

Thx

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have forgotten what "dp" means, but it is equivalent to pixels in this context (it has always worked for me, anyway), so make your icons 108 pixels square.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2025282/what-is-the-difference-between-px-dip-dp-and-sp
will tell you more than you would ever care to know about dp. i use 216px x 216px as my base. i read somewhere that that resolves to 108dp...
anyway, if you install android studio, you can use it to generate the adaptive icons. it churns them out easy in all the various sizes recommended by google. you don't have to give up b4a for development. the hardest part is figuring out what makes a good icon.

keep android studio separate from your b4a sdk (i keep mine on a separate laptop, locked away in a storage unit on the other side of the city to avoid contamination.) after you have your icons, the final steps can be found here on the forum.

Upvote 0

DawningTruth

Licensed User
Thx for all the assistance everyone. I eventually used Android Studio to produce the icons. One tip that was not celar in any of the instructions for others finding this post. You need to copy all the generated files into your B4x project res folder. Just be careful not to overwrite any existing files in the folder.

Here is how my res directory looks:

1582868715287.png

Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One tip that was not celar in any of the instructions for others finding this post.

to be clear, i did indicate that you needed to refer to the forum for necessary final steps. more is involved than just copying the generated res folder to your project. i'm sorry i didn't emphasize that phase. i'm guessing your solution worked out, although it differs from erel's instructions as i recall having read (and used) them.

Upvote 0