iOS Question App Integrity Verification

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
First, and most important, I don't do Apple unless I have to and am not as familair with Mac OS or iOS as with Android and Windows, so you may need to be patient!

I've been (slowly) converting an app written for B4A to B4i and things have been going quite well. I have managed to get the basics of our app working well in the simulator on our little old mac mini, but we are now ready to try testing on real hardware - iPad and iPhone.

I keep running into the same problem, "We cannot install this app because its integrity could not be verified". I've searched the forum and read a few threads that mention the same problem, but don't seem to be able to find a pointer to a solution. Here's what I have done to try and fix it.

Following the video tutorials, using a newly generated private sign key and the request thus generated, I've created new certificates (more than once from scratch).
I've found and registered the UDID strings for the test devices and then used these to create provisioning profiles.
I've copied everything into a keys folder and pointed the IDE to it.

I've locally compiled my app, but despite configuring the automation tools in Apple Configurator, the app does not automatically install. When I add the .IPA file manually with the configurator, it copies over to the iPad, but then I get the error message above.

I'm clearly missing something really obvious, but it just isn't obvious to me! Is there a more detailed guide that walks you through the whole compilation and installation process, as at the moment I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

David

Solution
I recommend you to start with the hosted builder. Once it works you can switch to the local builder. It will be easier to find the problem. I will send you a temporary id for the hosted builder.

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is never needed.

What happens when you run the app from the IDE? Please post the compilation window text.
I had assumed I didn't need to do it manually, I was just trying to get anything to work.

Compilation Window:
B4i Version: 8.10
Parsing code.    (0.17s)
Building folders structure.    (0.34s)
Running custom action.    (0.12s)
Running custom action.    (0.09s)
Compiling code.    (0.30s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.04s)
Building Xcode project.    (0.27s)
Preparing project for builder.    (0.28s)
    Project size: 1.82 MB
Sending data to remote compiler.    Error
Error: No devices are booted.

Error: No devices are booted.

In the Mac Builder console window I get a compilation time and success:true and success:true,148 messages.

The iPad is definitely plugged into the Mac and I can see it's contents and details in the Apple Configurator. Simulator is not running at this point.

When building Release without the device, but with the simulator running on the Mac, the app installs to the simulator without issue and runs fine.

Upvote 0

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
This error can only happen when you try to run it on a simulator. This means that the ip address under Tools - Device IP Address is wrong.
Assuning this is the iPad target's IP address.
Anyway, seem to get further, but now have the following error trace :
Compilation Window:
B4i Version: 8.10
Parsing code.    (0.16s)
Building folders structure.    (0.08s)
Running custom action.    (0.10s)
Running custom action.    (0.09s)
Compiling code.    (0.34s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.04s)
Building Xcode project.    (0.28s)
Preparing project for builder.    (0.29s)
    Project size: 1.83 MB
Sending data to remote compiler.    Error
Out: Command line invocation:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -configuration Release "PRODUCT_NAME=Clock Adjutant" CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/admin/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload "CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=iPhone Distribution: Lord St Helens (69G4M9Z2FZ)" "OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=--keychain <user id>" PROVISIONING_PROFILE=4ea8ed7e-1a89-4e59-b0d8-76a3884797e4 -arch arm64

User defaults from command line:
    IDEPackageSupportUseBuiltinSCM = YES

Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = arm64
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution: Lord St Helens (69G4M9Z2FZ)
    CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/admin/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
    OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
    PRODUCT_NAME = Clock Adjutant
    PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 4ea8ed7e-1a89-4e59-b0d8-76a3884797e4

note: Using codesigning identity override: iPhone Distribution: Lord St Helens (69G4M9Z2FZ)
Computing target dependency graph and provisioning inputs

Create build description
Build description signature: 27e06ac774972fa8c9e78127a6ce4b69
Build description path: /Users/admin/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/XCBuildData/27e06ac774972fa8c9e78127a6ce4b69-desc.xcbuild

warning: Building targets in manual order is deprecated - check "Parallelize build for command-line builds" in the project editor, or set DISABLE_MANUAL_TARGET_ORDER_BUILD_WARNING in any of the targets in the current build to suppress this warning
/Users/admin/Desktop/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject.xcodeproj: error: Provisioning profile "DKs Dev Offline" expired on 21 Nov 2022. (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

Error: 2022-11-28 16:04:03.817 xcodebuild[973:12125]  DVTAssertions: Warning in /System/Volumes/Data/SWE/Apps/DT/BuildRoots/BuildRoot1/ActiveBuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DVTiOSFrameworks/DVTiOSFrameworks-21506/DTDeviceKitBase/DTDKRemoteDeviceData.m:382
Details:  (null) deviceType from 00008030-000E4DE90A28C02E was NULL when -platform called.
Object:   <DTDKMobileDeviceToken: 0x7fceb032f380>
Method:   -platform
Thread:   <NSThread: 0x6000018962c0>{number = 7, name = (null)}
Please file a bug at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.
2022-11-28 16:04:04.117 xcodebuild[973:12139]  DVTAssertions: Warning in /System/Volumes/Data/SWE/Apps/DT/BuildRoots/BuildRoot1/ActiveBuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DVTiOSFrameworks/DVTiOSFrameworks-21506/DTDeviceKitBase/DTDKRemoteDeviceData.m:382
Details:  (null) deviceType from 00008030-000E4DE90A28C02E was NULL when -platform called.
Thread:   <NSThread: 0x6000018f5a40>{number = 10, name = (null)}
Please file a bug at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.
2022-11-28 16:04:04.218 xcodebuild[973:12139]  DVTAssertions: Warning in /System/Volumes/Data/SWE/Apps/DT/BuildRoots/BuildRoot1/ActiveBuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DVTiOSFrameworks/DVTiOSFrameworks-21506/DTDeviceKitBase/DTDKRemoteDeviceData.m:382
Thread:   <NSThread: 0x6000018f5a40>{number = 10, name = (null)}
** BUILD FAILED **

Does this mean that the UDID doesn't contain the required info?

Upvote 0

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
I recommend you to start with the hosted builder. Once it works you can switch to the local builder. It will be easier to find the problem. I will send you a temporary id for the hosted builder.
Thanks Erel,

It brought up a couple of errors, but they were at least now obvious ones. Everything working fine now and installed on two iPads to test and debug.

We'll probably just go with the hosted builder from here on. I'll get an order done in the next few days.

Thank you once again.

David

Upvote 0