Android Question App not installed after switching to new PC

vbigdan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel and co,

Please help.

My work computer is about to die, and I am replacing it. I have been using B4A for 5 years now; I have purchased and installed the new version of B4A onto the new PC, and installed the latest SDK and java files as usual. My project compiles fine, but when i go to install the APK it comes up with " x App not installed". (This is trying to update the previous version of my app as I always do).

I have tried both windows 7 and 10 (original was on 7), and the exact same Android API (23) as well as the newest one. All the libraries are the same. I even tried re-installing the previous version of the B4A app that I had - 6.31 - but have the same problem. Tried the latest Java as well as the same one I have before...

I then go back to my dieing computer and open up B4A and it installs the update fine. All the app signing and build configurations are, obviously, the same.

Do you have any ideas???

Thanks,

Vladimir

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just a idea, did you Check the "Always allow from this computer" checkbox on your Android smartphone, when you plug the USB cable?

Upvote 0

vbigdan

Licensed User
Longtime User
A. I use the latest kiosk version which doesn't allow uninstalling
B. I manually update my own app for my clients (downloads the APK and installs over itself). Uninstalling and re-installing isn't an option. It still works on my old PC, I install straight over the top

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe you forgot to enter or entered a different private sign key?

but then I believe it prompts that the signature is different than the current installed version.

Upvote 0

vbigdan

Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe you forgot to enter or entered a different private sign key?

I use the default (debug) key as it's a private app. I checked to ensure nothing has been changed. Does this key change depending on PC used to generate it?

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use the default (debug) key as it's a private app

So it's time do do it right:

- never use the debug key at all
- only use your private key even for debug!
- give every app a unique package name (like country.yourfullname.appname)

Uninstalling and re-installing isn't an option

What you can do is:
  1. Go to Settings → Device Manager → uncheck install unknown apps
  2. Go to Settings → Apps → uninstall

Upvote 0

vbigdan

Licensed User
Longtime User
The debug key changed in v6.3 of B4A.

Maybe you could try using the old debug key found here.

Yes! I forgot about that, and I must have changed it over when v6.3 came out. I put the old debug key in and it worked. Thanks fixit30 :)

Thank you all for your help!

Upvote 0