Android Question App permissions not granted

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was making some mods to an existing app and it wouldn't install. I removed the previous version from the device, then it installed, but the permissions "Locations and Phone" are not granted. If I manually turn these permissions on then the app works properly.

The problem occurs on Android 7.0 (tablet) and 8.0.0 (Pixel phone), but not when installing to Android 4.4.2 (Samsung S3) or Fire OS 5.6.

This is a new problem that I believe started with the latest revision (7.80) of B4A. Perhaps the issue is just some setting I'm not making!! I removed and reinstalled B4A, no difference. I have JDK 8-101 and all the recommended items in the SDK manager and I have target Sdk set to 23.

Thanks in advance for any help!!:)

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem isn't with 7.8, you its basically the way Google are pushing developers to go. As you are using SDK 23+ you WILL have to deal with these sort of issues more and more.

Anyway just search the forum for RunTime Permission and add them accordingly, also set your SDK to 26.

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/runtime-permissions-android-6-0-permissions.67689/

Somewhere else on this forum Erel put a list of permissions and changed to SDK levels 23+, but I can't find it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0