iOS Question App Tracking Transparency update rejected

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello team,

I use ATT with following way:
1) I show message for GDPR at EU users
2) I show ATT message indepedent GDPR selection
Three months before i updated app with that addition and update accepted normally.

Now i updated my app again without even touch a line of code at GDPR and ATT procedure. My app REJECTED with this message:
May 20, 2021 at 1:56 PM
From Apple
  • 5. 1.1 Legal: Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed your app includes App Tracking Transparency permissions requests, but it encourages or directs users to accept tracking. Specifically, your app directs the user to accept tracking in the following way(s):

- A message appears before the permission request, and the user can close the message and delay the permission request with the “Do not accept” button. The user should always proceed to the permission request after the message.

Permission requests give users control of their personal information. It is important to respect their decision about how their data is used.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise the permission request process in your app so that the user is not inappropriately encouraged or directed to accept tracking.

If necessary, you may provide more information about why you are requesting permission to track before the request appears. If the user is trying to use a feature in your app that won't function without tracking, you may include a notification to inform the user and provide a link to the Settings app.

Resources

- Learn more about designing appropriate permission requests.
- See Frequently Asked Questions about the new requirements for apps that track users.

Please see attached screenshots for details.
1.jpg2.jpg
Do you have any idea what i should change, because Apple REJECT or ACCEPT updates as they want.

Thank you for your time.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have no idea, I'm neither able to read your screenshots, nor am I an expert on the topic. I'm just pointing at what Apple says you must do. So perhaps go through the details of how you communicate with the user to make sure you're not even close to encouraging or directing them. Being super neutral is probably good to aim at.

Also good to note:
If necessary, you may provide more information about why you are requesting permission to track before the request appears. If the user is trying to use a feature in your app that won't function without tracking, you may include a notification to inform the user and provide a link to the Settings app.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

My way (approved app few days ago):

1. Show ATT as first dialog after starting app.
2. Show AdMob GDPR dialog as second dialog.
3. Load Ads.
Hi @Pendrush ,

I have exactly the same case and show the dialogs in exactly the same order.
But the app is still not approved.
1628757756551.png

Upvote 0

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed your app includes App Tracking Transparency permissions requests, but it encourages or directs users to accept tracking. Specifically, your app directs the user to accept tracking in the following way(s):

- A message asks users to reconsider their decision after they deny permission.

Permission requests give users control of their personal information. It is important to respect their decision about how their data is used.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise the permission request process in your app so that the user is not inappropriately encouraged or directed to accept tracking.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
One of my app was approved with this:
1. Show ATT as first dialog after starting app.
3. Load Ads.

Other with same procedure was rejected. There is no consistency.
They describe why was rejected, as I "force" user after reject tracking to consent to be tracked with second (AdMob) dialog.

Correct procedure:

Case 1 (User want to be tracked on ATT)
1. Show ATT as first dialog after starting app. User want to be tracked.
3. Load Ads (tracked/non tracked, depend what user choose on second dialog).

Case 2 (User don't want to be tracked on ATT)
1. Show ATT as first dialog after starting app. User decline to be tracked.
2. DO NOT show AdMob GDPR dialog.
3. Load NON TRACKED Ads.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

Correct procedure:

Case 1 (User want to be tracked on ATT)
1. Show ATT as first dialog after starting app. User want to be tracked.
3. Load Ads (tracked/non tracked, depend what user choose on second dialog).

3. Load NON TRACKED Ads.

Thanks! It looks good, I will try it.

Upvote 0

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
3. Load NON TRACKED Ads.
I use this case and always is accepted.

Upvote 0