Bug? App update issue

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just compiled an update to an existing app using b4a 3.00. This is the first time I have used v3.00 to publish an app. It is not updating the version code or version string in google play. I have never had this problem before, so I assume it is 3.00. Below are the region definitions for the app.

B4X:
#Region Project Attributes
    #ApplicationLabel: Virtual Dyno
    #VersionCode: 24
    #VersionName: 1.4.3
    'SupportedOrientations possible values: unspecified, landscape or portrait.
    #SupportedOrientations: landscape
    #CanInstallToExternalStorage: False
#End Region

#Region  Activity Attributes
    #FullScreen: true
    #IncludeTitle:true

#End Region

Google Play refuses the update because there is already an app with version code 23 on file (string version is 1.4.2 for the existing version). I have tried both release and release obfuscated (my normal mode) with the same results. The apk and associated files are being created on compile as normal (I have deleted them to make sure). Any suggestions so I can continue to update my apps? For now I will probably re-install the last version of b4a and get this update out.

Thanks,

--Jem

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you post the compilation window text (all of it)?

Here's the compile window text.

Parsing code. 0.86
Compiling code. 0.51
Using existing AndroidManifest.xml.
(Project - Do Not Overwrite Manifest option is checked)
AndroidManifest-Example.xml file will be created instead.
ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code. 0.08
Generating R file. 0.84
Compiling generated Java code. 1.70
Convert byte code - optimized dex. 1.73
Packaging files. 0.76
Copying libraries resources 0.36
Signing package file (private key) 0.44
ZipAlign file. 0.11
Installing file to device. 9.73
Device serial: emulator-5554
Completed successfully.

Also, installing 2.71 did not change anything. The app stays at version 1.42 version code 24. When I run the app on a device it shows the correct version in the title bar (it does this in the code), but in the application manager it is showing the app as version 1.42 instead of 1.43.

Thanks,

---Jem

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The answer is here Shoe:
B4X:
You have set the Manifest as READ ONLY, so no changes are made, that's a deprecated feature. Check that setting on the IDE under PROJECT

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
The answer is here Shoe:
B4X:
You have set the Manifest as READ ONLY, so no changes are made, that's a deprecated feature. Check that setting on the IDE under PROJECT

I'll change it, but it has been that way for more than 2 years on this app only. I'll try it and report back though.

Thanks,

---Jem

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update. I changed the manifest using the editor and found a theme setting that works for all versions of android on this app, and it is now compiling fine with the correct release info. I still don't know why it has worked the "old" way for many years and chose now to stop, but it did (the last update was in Sept.). Thanks NJ and Erel.

---Jem