Android Question App Won't Install (SOLVED)

Stichler

Licensed User
Ok if I run in release mode in Bridge 4a The app installs fine, however if I try to install via an apk download through an ftp server it gives me the wont install error. It;s odd because other app I wrote installed fine. Does this have to do with a private key sign? Though why would it install through Bridge? I am so lost right now. I've tried restart, deleting app, and nothing seems to work.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok if I run in release mode in Bridge 4a The app installs fine, however if I try to install via an apk download through an ftp server it gives me the wont install error.

The following is just a guess:

I've had the same problem twice where an app installs via B4A bridge, but does not install when I try to install from a file on the device or on an external USB drive.

My solution was to use a different File Manager. Initially I was using the default File Manager that came with the phone. I got an install error – something like "invalid APK". I download and tried two or three File Managers from Google Play before I found one that installed the APK.

I never really figured out what the error was. It occurred, each time, on a phone with a later version of Android (6.0).

Barry.

Upvote 0

Stichler

Licensed User
Ty for the reply. Im honestly thinking it has to do with the Private Key. When I recompiled it in Release Mode with The Debug Key it worked just fine. Do you remember the name of the File Manager you got?

Upvote 0

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ty for the reply. Im honestly thinking it has to do with the Private Key. When I recompiled it in Release Mode with The Debug Key it worked just fine. Do you remember the name of the File Manager you got?

The file manager that worked was File Manager HD from CM File Manager.

I knew that the APK was good since I had installed it from file, and from my Load APK app (search this forum), on several different phones (all with older versions of Android). In my case the problem was most likely the file manager I was using on that device.

Barry.

Upvote 0