iOS Question Apple app store - rejected

IamTrying

Licensed User
B4i app was released in 2017. App still not published. Following cause. How do i do it in B4i?

===
Guideline 4.5.4 - Design - Apple Sites and Services

Lastly, we noticed that your app requires push notifications in order to function.

Next Steps

Push notifications must be optional and must obtain the user's consent to be used within the app.

Resources

For information on working with push notifications, review the Local and Remote Notifications Programming Guide and "Technical Note TN2265: Troubleshooting Push Notifications".

We hope you will consider making the necessary changes to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines and will resubmit your revised binary.

Please feel free to contact me at +1-408-974-7593 between 8:30AM - 5PM Pacific Daylight Time if you need further clarification.

Best regards,

Garineh

App Store Review
===

IamTrying

Licensed User
Apple review team rejected the app because my app register to the push server.
But they want me to make my app to use push server optional "Push notifications must be optional and must obtain the user's consent to be used within the app."

How do i do that in B4i, make Push notification must be optional and must obtain user consent?
(i am also confused with Apple retired review team statements)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

IamTrying

Licensed User
Thank you. I will check further and fix it. user consent was applied in my app release.

FYI.

- Review team disabled push notification request before starting my app, and then my app does not work, which is exactly what i want, i have no reason to let any user use my app without enabling/allowing push notification.

Upvote 0

IamTrying

Licensed User
When used user consent:

App.RegisterUserNotifications(True, True, True)
App.RegisterForRemoteNotifications

And then i click "dont allow ", I get Black screen and since then on my next application launch it always remain black screen.
How do tell B4i if "dont allow" was made still start the app?

upload_2018-2-8_9-41-21.png

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Review team disabled push notification request before starting my app, and then my app does not work, which is exactly what i want, i have no reason to let any user use my app without enabling/allowing push notification.
Apple doesn't allow this. Search for this guideline: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#apple-sites-and-services

How do tell B4i if "dont allow" was made still start the app?
It looks like a bug in your code. Maybe you are only loading the layout after PushToken event was raised.

Upvote 0