Apple is stupid...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
again my latest (11th) b4i app was rejected and guess why?

my app promote a store (Handy Store) and the screenshot contains an android device in it so apple doesnot allow that your app show android devices.

like if you want to make an app that tells about new phone modells that came out bla bla it may only be apple devices and dont dare to put android devices in your app...

Apple reason for rejection:

Hello,

Thank you for your response.
The "metadata" is how you present your app to the users in the App Store : app name,app description, release notes, screenshots of the app in use and etc.

In this case your app's Screenshots show Android devices.
Please change the screenshots and remove the images of Android devices as it is not appropriate for the App Store.

Please replay to this message after the changes to the screenshots have been made so that we can continue our review process.

Best regards,
App Store Review.

what do you say?

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
well, they did not rejected it, not at least in that letter.

You could say that apple is not a software company or a hardware one. Apple is a branding company, and for that every step outside of the brand they are selling is highly forbidden.

but i do agree, apple is stupid.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's not stupid Ilan, it is very smart.. the business practice as I always said is kind of extortion and monopoly.. But I put the blame on developers, because if they stood up for their natural and constitutional right to install any app they develop on any phone they want, then Apple couldn't go this far. people here told me to stay in my micro world and count the pennies, because (real people) don't care paying $100 to Apple to install a private propitiatory app in their daughter's phone. If you give the driver seat of your car to strangers then don't ask them where they are heading.
This is my App.. I developed it.. how about if my App is about comparing iPhome and Android, I must display screen shots for both phones. But Apple here is illegally limiting the freedom of developers to market any kind of Apps they want. This is illegal. in fact it is a crime.. extortion is next to murder in the US. wake up developers.. iPhone is Apple's phone as long as it is in their stores and whorehouses.. as soon as it departs the store and they receive their money then they have no business with the phone. . They may limit functionalities as they wish, but they can't make those functionality available to themselves and exclude iPhone owners or other developers. from them.

D

Deleted member 103

Hi ilan,

not Apple's stupid, but people are buying these products.:D
Apple's smart because it has recognized that so many people are stupid.

But I mean to offend nobody.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You r right

I bought 2 weeks ago the app reflector (erel recommended it) for mac. I had no time to use it yesterday i noticed that the license is only for mac but i need it more for windows.

I asked them if ig is possible to change the license from mac to windows. And they answer after maybe an hour and they refund my purchase after few hours without any problems. I was really suprised. I purchased then the windows version and i really like it and the best they give great support.

If i get great support i dont care if the same product is cheaper in another store i will buy from the company that gives also support even its more expensive.

Maybe apple and google should understand that.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As said before, Aple is not the most stupid here. They just realised that, if someone is willing to wait a whole night, some even more, for a store to open just to be among the first to purchase an iBrick, then those same will be faithful to them as long as they feed them only their products...
Aple is like the parents of a vegetarian family, who strive to school their child, the customers, to be vegetarian too, so they try to limit the best, or worst, they can the access their child has to animal proteins, like android and windows phone.
Eventually the child will come into contact with those other foods, and decide for themselves, or just stick to what they have always known...
Aple is master at embellishing the same object over and over, and even having major design faults, poor material choices, etc... They make every new announcement an EVENT! The 5S had just got out, and they putted out the 5C with the AMAZING ability to change coloured covers... And there were people changing their just bought 5S for an even more expensive 5C. Those are the really stupid ones.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i will make an app with one image in it centred on the screen that show this

piss-on-apple-black-xdock.jpg

i hope it will be approved soon because its a very simple app that should not have any bugs

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
i hope it will be approved soon because its a very simple app that should not have any bugs

I afraid they will not approve because they do not accept "simple app". But how simple? Nobody knows!

D

Deleted member 103

Now Apple has another two app (Lite + Pro version) does not approved! :mad:

The Version 1.00 and 1.01 was OK.:)

In version 1.02 I changed iAD with iAdmob and was not approved because I had forgotten to remove the Library iAD from my project.
Now the version 1.03 should be good and will not re-approved.:mad::mad:

If this continues then I program for Windows Phone.:cool:

D

Deleted member 103

yeah, those few thousands of users are begging for decent apps as it appears to be an ignored platform ;)
I am considering really for Windows Phone program, here I do not need Java and no Objective C.
My Vb.net knows iness enough very good.;)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am considering really for Windows Phone program, here I do not need Java and no Objective C.
My Vb.net knows iness enough very good.;)

Alright, you easily built your app for WnPhone. ------But
May I know to whom are you going to sell it: :)

D

Deleted member 103

Alright, you easily built your app for WnPhone. ------But
May I know to whom are you going to sell it: :)
I do not know, but I just know that I have nothing more to do with Apple. :D

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
May I know to whom are you going to sell it:

if more and more developers will think the same (and i think it is the case) soon their will be a lot users that you can sell your win apps and much less ios users.

if there would be b4w i would purchase it immidiatly...

so a new wish to erel b4w(indows)!!!