Android Question Application protection via Mac Address

khwarizmi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there

Is it safe to rely on application protection via Mac Address? Or is it penetrable and changeable.

Thanks

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

khwarizmi

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks @DonManfred, So I cant't use it.
I don't want to use the Advertising Id, there is a conflict between firebase2 and some other libraries like Phone and ArchiveplusZip. So what alternative should I use to find a unique device identifier?

Upvote 0

khwarizmi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which conflict?
The application cannot be built unless the firebase2 is excluded:

B4A Version: 11.80
Parsing code. (0.13s)
Java Version: 11
Building folders structure. (1.22s)
Compiling code. (0.14s)

ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code. (0.30s)
Organizing libraries. (0.47s)
(AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources (13.03s)
Linking resources (20.23s)
Compiling generated Java code. (10.09s)
Finding libraries that need to be dexed. (0.05s)
Dex code (6.93s)
Dex merge Error
Error: Cannot fit requested classes in a single dex file (# methods: 77184 > 65536). Try supplying a main-dex list
Compilation failed

Upvote 0

khwarizmi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I generate it myself on first app run.
I need a unique number for the device itself, I have data that I want to reach only registered users, and access must be done through their devices only.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
I need a unique number for the device itself, I have data that I want to reach only registered users, and access must be done through their devices only.
Now that you have the registered user information, why not generate an unique number to the user when they registered

Upvote 0

khwarizmi

Licensed User
Longtime User
So why not simply have them identify as registered before creating the ID?
My application that I am working on is an educational platform, for each student there is a user name and password, the student pays the fees for each subject he wants to subscribe to, when the student pays the fees, the application is allowed to download the lessons, I want the student's account to be linked to his device only so that another student does not benefit From the entry data and download the lessons without paying the fees.

Upvote 0

khwarizmi

Licensed User
Longtime User
If a user gives the login credentials of another user.

Upvote 0

khwarizmi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now that you have the registered user information, why not generate an unique number to the user when they registered
The ID that is generated in the database is a unique number, but I want a unique for the device itself, so that no user can take advantage of the login data of another user.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The application cannot be built unless the firebase2 is excluded:

B4A Version: 11.80
Parsing code. (0.13s)
Java Version: 11
Building folders structure. (1.22s)
Compiling code. (0.14s)

ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code. (0.30s)
Organizing libraries. (0.47s)
(AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources (13.03s)
Linking resources (20.23s)
Compiling generated Java code. (10.09s)
Finding libraries that need to be dexed. (0.05s)
Dex code (6.93s)
Dex merge Error
Error: Cannot fit requested classes in a single dex file (# methods: 77184 > 65536). Try supplying a main-dex list
Compilation failed
I have an app with Firebase2, Phone and ArchiveZipPlus and no problem.
Did you jetified the lib?

Upvote 0

khwarizmi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
If a user gives the login credentials of another user.
Don't worry about that, when a student registers, you can generate a unique user ID and send it to the device. when the student logs in, you only need to check the user/ password and ID if they are coreect, even if he/she shares the login data to another, No ID is in the device and he/she will not login either,unless he、she shares the device to another。

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The ID that is generated in the database is a unique number, but I want a unique for the device itself, so that no user can take advantage of the login data of another user.
Fusion 360 uses a second layer authentication by sending a code to user e-mail after user enters ID and password.
It will be quite difficult for someone usurpating someone else's ID and password to also have access to that user e-mail

Upvote 0

khwarizmi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you @Cableguy
The problem was finding a unique device id of the device itself, the problem is not just the password cracking, but another problem is that two different users are using the same login data.
The problem was solved by using Advertising id, using the answer provided by @asales and @Erel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0