Other Appodeal questions

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Although I have not published apps (but surely I will do this within the next 20 years :p), I would like some clarification from those who have used Appodeal.

For the moment I limit my questions about the "Rewarded Videos".

To reward someone who has completely seen an Ad Video I could use a "non-skippable" video (I could give the award in the event xxxFinished). This part of the code could be modified by a hacker (he may also change the amount of some data, for example the remaining lifes, elsewhere).

So I suppose that the two parameters: "amount" and "name" received in xxxFinished event of "Rewarded videos" are special; have they relationships with the Google "In-App billings"? But if so, would work they with AdMob only and then you lose the main added value of Appodeal (the selection of the best Ad Network)?

In summary: has someone used Rewarded Videos with Appodeal?

Thank you

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Luca.
I'm using appodeal and rewarded video ads, but I'm not using those parameters. In the dashboard you can modify those parameters for your app.
What I'm doing is just see if the video has been shown, and if so I give the user coins or skip the level.

I've not used their dashboard (for the moment I'm trying to help an our friend, as always, and as always I'm not talking about a my app :)) so I don't know if you're referring to Google dashboard or if exist a dashboard of Appodeal.

Thank you, @melonZgz

Upvote 0

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
In appodeal dashboard, for each app you have, there is a video ad settings where you can set the rewarded video settings, such as reward amount, currency name, and a reward callback URL. Really don't know what that means, as I only check if the rewarded video has been shown. Anyway, they have a live chat in their site and you can ask them, they're fast.
BTW, I know my game is new and I still don't have decent number of impressions, but after a week using appodeal my revenue is ridiculous for 400+ impressions day and growing (yesterday I had 461 impressions and 17 clicks, wich gave me the enormous revenue of $0.10!) I'm testing now adbuddiz, wich has better looking ads, and it's lightweight and requires less permissions...

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In appodeal dashboard, for each app you have, there is a video ad settings where you can set the rewarded video settings, such as reward amount, currency name, and a reward callback URL. Really don't know what that means, as I only check if the rewarded video has been shown.
I suppose (hope) you can "control" the reward using these settings. This because if you handle the rewards locally in your app, a hacker can easlily get them; I hope that using those options, data related to rewards is stored on servers. I HOPE! Otherwise, there are no differences between non-skippable and rewarded videos.

Anyway, they have a live chat in their site and you can ask them, they're fast.
I don't know if I can chat with them, without an account. My friend is chatting, but they answered that non-skippable and rewarded videos are synonyms; this is wrong for sure. In fact, they raise two different events, same name, Finished, but rewarded return also two parameters, "amount" and "name", which I suppose you could use to... see above.

BTW, I know my game is new and I still don't have decent number of impressions, but after a week using appodeal my revenue is ridiculous for 400+ impressions day and growing (yesterday I had 461 impressions and 17 clicks, wich gave me the enormous revenue of $0.10!) I'm testing now adbuddiz, wich has better looking ads, and it's lightweight and requires less permissions...
This is really worrying!

Thank you, @melonZgz

Upvote 0

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the game you're talking about your beautiful Catapult?

Please, answer "no" :eek:

Yeah:(
But I'm no worried, at the moment I'm getting 30 installs a day from google play and another 30 from opera store. Organic installs, no paid installs or promotion, wich I think it's not bad. Now I have 480 installs.
I think you need more than 1000 daily impressions to start earning anything, wich I think I can reach next week if the numbers keeps growing. I'm thinking about a facebook/adwords campaign to give the game a little impulse...

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you need to give it time. worst case your install count drops because it's not brand new anymore.

some people have ad blockers or play your game in airplane mode to skip ads which is something you'll have to live with.

also if they only watch ads and don't click one sometimes the rpm will stay very low so you can have thousands of impressions and only earn a few cents on it.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can always block domains on your router so that's no garantee either that it will serve ads as supposed to be unfortunately.

you can try to block out the players so that they are forced to fix "the problem" but if that is smart I don't know. :)

Upvote 0

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do as I do. If you want a gift then you have to see an advertisement. If the gift is a small call INTERSTITIAL, if it is large call a rewarder. ;)
I've use REWARDED and NON_SKIPPABLE but, the AppoDeal help chat, they responded:

Besides, NON_SKIPPABLE_VIDEO andREWARDED_VIDEO. Both of them shouldn't be used together in code.

...what? It's true?o_O
MelonZgz,in you game you use this metod for receive the money for buy the arm and this is correct use for see AADS,... it's possible when you have a less entry? Ok, the game is new and it need time.
I've see the AdBuddiz but i want use the AppoDeal for now in my game (my game is not like when yours and I will have only one impression per day, if all goes well :D).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
do you earn something from that rewarded videos?

the player gets something in return but what about you if they don't click on the video?

Upvote 0

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
do you earn something from that rewarded videos?

the player gets something in return but what about you if they don't click on the video?
Nothing. The gift can receive or from Dashboard to AppoDeal (Melon, have you found it?) or into code.
The Headler it's finish and when leave it, he paly give the gift.

In my game, If you want to receive credits or bullets should see advertising .... otherwise keep playing, and when the game ends, if you choose to see it and obtain 12 credits, or start over. We must never force anyone.
Simple.

Upvote 0

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
So it looks like rewarded video is the same as non skippable video. For rewarded you can set parameters, but they don't really matter. The important here is how many rewarded videos (non-skippable) have been shown, because the eCPM is higher than the cpm for interstitials or skippable videos. It's the game logic what has to decide what to do when a video is shown (that's what think)
I'm testing adbuddiz and there aren't any parameters for rewarded videos. I'll update my game using it, I've reduced the size from 10Mb to 7Mb and now it doesn't take forever to compile!

Last edited:
Upvote 0