B4J Question Appointment Reminder System

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, i'm just trying to figure out where to begin to create an Appointment Reminder System, off the top of my head i know I can use FireBase Push notifications, i can probably use B4J to create a web server that can take care of subscribing customers to certain topics etc.

I'm just looking for ideas on how to implement an appointment Reminder system, i really have never done anything like that and would like to start playing around with it, let's say i have an mobile app and I can book a client at a certain date at a certain time, if i'm able to send that information to a web server and store that data on a database, how can I set some sort of background service to continuously check the information in the database and send a push notification to all and any of the clients that have appointments coming up.

I'm not asking for code, i only need some sort of explanation on what direction to start and how to begin.

Thanks all,
Walter

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
if i'm able to send that information to a web server and store that data on a database, how can I set some sort of background service to continuously check the information in the database and send a push notification to all and any of the clients that have appointments coming up.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, that's what I was looking for, I should be able to query the database and compare the saved date and times against the current date and time and send notifications for upcoming appointments.

Awesome.

Walter

Upvote 0