iOS Question Appstore Enrollment as Sole proprietor with my business name displayed in the appstore

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please I need a clarification? Before I create provisioning profile and certificate, I have to register and pay as a developer. Now when i started the process of enrollment, I came across situation where I have to choose whether am an INDIVIDUAL/SOLE PROPRIETOR or ORGANISATION.

I learnt when i register as an individual, my name will be displayed in the app store(Like First Name, Last Name) Meanwhile I have a registered name for my sole proprietorship which I will like to be in the app store just as i did in the Google Play store.

Is this possible when i choose INDIVIDUAL and have my registered business name shown in the appstore?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I want that also but it is not possible according to appple. Your individual name has to be displayed not your business name if you are not an organisation.
Please I need a clarification? Before I create provisioning profile and certificate, I have to register and pay as a developer. Now when i started the process of enrollment, I came across situation where I have to choose whether am an INDIVIDUAL/SOLE PROPRIETOR or ORGANISATION.

I learnt when i register as an individual, my name will be displayed in the app store(Like First Name, Last Name) Meanwhile I have a registered name for my sole proprietorship which I will like to be in the app store just as i did in the Google Play store.

Is this possible when i choose INDIVIDUAL and have my registered business name shown in the appstore?

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. I have a registered business as SOLE PROPRIETOR with a business name. In this regard, can i go ahead and register as an organisation.

Enrolling as an organisation and as an individual, is there any downside/limitation to them as well as opportunities?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If your company is a sole proprietorship, you can't register as an organization. And As I know, if you registering as an individual you have to use your name instead of business name.
I don't think there are downsides/limitations except for example to publish VPN apps you need an organization account, you can't publish them with individual accounts. There may be some other examples like this.
Ok. I have a registered business as SOLE PROPRIETOR with a business name. In this regard, can i go ahead and register as an organisation.

Enrolling as an organisation and as an individual, is there any downside/limitation to them as well as opportunities?

Upvote 0