iOS Question AppStoreConnect Issue [Solved]

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not strictly a B4i problem but perhaps one of the community might have had the same problem:-

I have a brand new app (version 1.0.0) rejected at review due to a minor policy problem with a Plist entry. Fortunately, it was quickly fixed and I uploaded a corrected version (1.0.1). Shortly afterwards I get an email telling me 1.0.1 has been correctly processed.

When I go to AppStoreConnect the new build does not appear in the list of available builds to replace 1.0.0. It does however appear in the Test Flight area, which I have never used, so I am at a complete loss as to know how to proceed? There appears to be no pathway from TestFlight to production. I raised a query with Apple which will probably get answered in a month or two.

Looking at other forums this appears to be an occasional problem but I have yet to find a solution. Anybody?

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Erel, that was the first thing I tried .....with no joy. Apple responded to each of my uploads with a message that the version had been correctly processed.

A couple of versions later I have solved the issue. When you have a version rejected, you must go to the 'App Review' section and accept/delete any reference to your rejected version there. Not sure if this was entirely necessary, but this alone did not fix the issue.

Go to the main app page, the one with the description and screenshots. Normally, I would expect to see the option to add a version (+) at the top left corner. That prompt is missing. Normally the 'Builds' area offers you all available .ipa versions that have been uploaded, none were present. Not until you delete the current version does the list of Builds become visible. You can then select the desired build.

I found this process completely counter-intuitive.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wait a while. It does not appear immediatelly. When you get the e-mail from apple that says your app is correctly processed then wait 2 to 5 minutes and it will appear when you will press the plus ('+') next to the "Build".

Edit - Make sure you will 'unselect' the previous build.

Upvote 0