Are my opinions about interesting SWs wrong?

lmTranslation library - lmTranslationDBManager app

• I don't need them, because I use other methods

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • I don't need them, because I want to publish my app only in my language

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don't like them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want them for free

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have posted a video on Chit Chat about my library and my app for translations (localizations).

The thread with the video currently has been visited by 432 people.
.....EDIT new feature, new video

The thread with the library: 158 people
The thread with the app: 73 people.

No one asked me library/app. That does not matter, as I developed them for myself, to use them for development of my future apps.

But this lack of interest intrigues me, because as a result I could have wrong opinions about the interest of the buyers of apps on Google Play (and then I could develop applications not appreciated by that market).

For this reason, I would like to know the reason of your lack of interest in these library and app.

Thank to anyone who wants to vote.

Last edited:

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe most developers want to do it on their own and not to use libs like me.

Like me, I don't want to use any libs like "ListViewProXXL" (relax - only an example) because I want to understand how it works and I like to solve it on my own. So I'm able to change anything I want and ... I don't have to ask/pay for the usage.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe most developers want to do it on their own and not to use libs like me.

Like me, I don't want to use any libs like "ListViewProXXL" (relax - only an example) because I want to understand how it works and I like to solve it on my own. So I'm able to change anything I want and ... I don't have to ask/pay for the usage.

Thank you for your comment, @KMatle.

You (we) can do everything by yourself... if you have time to do it.
I don't think you have developed your... text editor by yourself :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
About the possible answer number 4 ("I want them for free"):

Since I am a great strategist in trade matters and because the demands are very poor, I have raised the price from 10€ to 15€ :p
(also because, as I wrote, I developed them for myself; I know how much members of this site love my works, see AddLogs :D)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi LucaMs,
I interested in your lib. However, your introduction is not attract me much. Your thread in Libraries forum confused me so much. You add new method Tr2 then you strike your post then you add new post again ?!

Why don't you just make it simple like other author? Short intro, a few pics, sample code and sample app. That's enough. Honestly I did not watch your videos at all :D

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why don't you just make it simple like other author?
Honestly I did not watch your videos at all

You answered to yourself.

I'm sure that the videoS are more explicative than my words.

You add new method Tr2 then you strike your post then you add new post again ?!
I struck the post because I solved the problem.
I could delete that post, but maybe it's better that way.

Use of lib + app is very simple:

with library:
1) you set the initial languages and create the db used for translations
2) it (the library) will search in the db for translations of your texts which you should write this way:
........ Dim MyText As String = Translation.Tr("I'm happy")
........ if you want translate views' texts added by Designer, more simply: Translation.Tr2(Activity, True).

Then, to manage the db created by the library, you should use the app (lmTranslationDBManager). It is a little db manager (only one db table!) but using it you have the help of Google Translate directly in the app (you could use other SQLite data manager but without this feature).

HINT: watch the videos :D

The most disappointing thing is get here only three votes! Remember, the vote is secret; I will not know who voted and what you have voted.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i agree with susu, i am a guy that dont like to read much and video interest me only if they are about 30 sec.

this is for me a much better lib presentation: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/whorlview.57498/

short example (animated) + b4a example + lib...

i am sure you jave a lot to offer to this community just try to hold on the same line like other devs here, present your libs simpler to understand

Good Luck :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, @ilan , I don't know why, but your post was published with much delay.
I read it just now, I did not have a notification (alert).

Well, some minutes needed to show how library + app work.

But I don't care for poor interest of "this tool", I would like to know the reasons, because I can think that an app can have success, I can work on it and waste time.
Just to know what people think ;)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But I don't care for poor interest of "this tool", I would like to know the reasons, because I can think that an app can have success, I can work on it and waste time.
Just to know what people think

if people here are interest in your libs or not will not say anything about interest of one of your apps.
developers rather do stuff by their own.

but apps are directed to different groups. you can see statistic what kind of apps are most used in what countries and try to target those groups

there is no formula for the 1 milion app. just do what you enjoy doing, like this you will do it in the best way.
and also if one app has very poor results that doesnot mean you did something wrong. you will find lot of developers with few apps and most have low downloads even if 1 has 5-10 millions (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mindware.mindgames) btw this is a b4a developer ;)

so you can see not all his app are very successful but 1 did it and i believe he is living very well from it

i have 40+ apps and most of them less then 100 downloads but few more then 50k so if i would give up because i had an app with only 50 downlaods in fw month then i would not make that 50k app ... (that can be easy 1 million soon)

bottom line, do what you like to do and dont care about bad reviews or low downloads, just keep making new stuff, because as long you keep trying you have a chance!

Good Luck!

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wouldn't get disheartened if I were you. This is a library that I am interested in however don't have time right now to implement it (have many other more important things to take care of first). Just give it time and I think people will use it.

Last edited: