Android Question Are there AppUpdating Examples version 2.05 (Full App for B4A,B4i,B4J)

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I 've studied Udg's AppUpdating Library. There is update to be 2.05,but I can't studied the examples. It's difficult to understand the some of code,because I don't read English clearly.

Best Regards and Thank you in advance for the replies.
Theera

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Theera
In the same thread where you found the library there's a demo using it.
Consider that the lib is B4A-only because it uses a feature of Android to be "restarted" when a new version of the calling app is found on the server.

Another point is that it is a bit outdated. I (or any other forum member) should find some time to at least adapt to Receivers and B4xPages, while coping with all the OS restrictions introduced since the last lib version.

Anyway, if you need assistance or simple explanations on specific parts of it, drop a message here. There are many knowledgeable members who can reply (along with myself, obviously).
The base concept is that you use your own server to host newer versions of your app. The app checks the server. If it finds a newer version, it downloads it and asks the user to update. On a positive answer, the app asks the OS to start the new version of itself.

udg

Last edited:
Upvote 0