Share My Creation Athena

Discussion in 'B4J Share Your Creations' started by ThRuST, Nov 15, 2018.

1. ThRuST

ThRuST Well-Known Member Licensed User

Athena - The future in computer interaction :)

- Gaming mice support for every task

Athena is a commercial project that is buildt using B4J. It's been in production a few years and it's more than a snippets manager. It's a knowledge framework with a programmable floating menu, among other "new innovations". It changes the way users interact with a computer.

Release is planned to sometime in year 2020. The screenshot below shows the documents manager.
    It's not just one program even though alot of focus has been aimed to get this right. There will be a site and tutorial available later on for you to download this. It's worth waiting for, that's I can promise. Stay tuned for more information :)

Blue_Menu.JPG

Latest screenshot of Athena v0.98e (June 2019)

Athena June 2019_Blue.png

Great News, Autopasting now works on Mac!!!! Here's the proof :cool:
    MacPaste.JPG

UPDATE
    Comparison screenshots. Fancy gradients in all honor, but after an advice from my friend Ole Marius Pettersen (yea the C64 SID legend that is) that daily workflow calls for an easy way to locate the buttons, so I changed it with this in mind. He sure got a point saying that.

With that conclusion, I realize that text and symbols on buttons should be easy to see, especially for important and small buttons. Larger menu buttons might not be affected.

Gradient used in first screenshot
    Code:
    -fx-text-fill: linear-gradient(#000000 0%, #ffffff 100%);
    And the below screenshot uses
    Code:
    -fx-text-fill: #3f3f3f;
    Athena June 2019_Blue_v2.png

Athena design Pad Black

Athena June 2019_Black.png

Two screenshots that shows the modules manager and a B4J documentation template.

Athena June 2019 B4J database.jpg

Athena June 2019 B4J Module.png

Athena June 2019 Unity3D.png

Athena_Floatingmenu.PNG

Hardcore_White.png

Skin Stardust, inspired by our forum star :)

stardust_skin.png

Thanks to everyone involved in this projects that provides technical help and assistance to make this possible and to Erel for the best dev framework on earth - B4X frenchise.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019 at 9:29 AM
  2. FrostCodes

FrostCodes Member Licensed User

i like the dark UI and color .. It is slick and nice :)

Mashiane and ThRuST like this.
  3. ThRuST

Thank you. The diamond black design will come in different colors and there will be more designs available in Assets webshop and users will be able to create their own from a Photoshop tempate. This will attract users and make the application very popular :)

FrostCodes likes this.
  4. Mashiane

Mashiane Expert Licensed User

This is great work hey, so impressed right now.

ThRuST likes this.
  5. ThRuST

@Mashiane Thanks, it is my greatest honor to take your words to my heart. But I cannot really take the credit for all this. I just maintain my own vision and pick together the pieces of the puzzle day after day, month after month all while learning something new. CSS indeed was an underrestimated ally in this quest, but as with everything else all we need is to put enough time into what we want to achieve and that's what all there is to it. It's all the people who work just as hard as myself by providing libraries, modules and take time to dig into technical problems. We are all blessed to be united through knowledge and innovation. The concept of Athena started 20 years ago after a programming session with a netfriend named Kenny Dion who lives in Quinlan, TX. We remained in contact for 20 years through the net. He helped me catch up with OOP programming and one of the sessions we had he made a scrollable panel at the top of the screen. Since he got a job as a programmer and we was friends from the past he took the time now and then to teach me VB6 and later VB.NET. I created prototypes of Athena through the years, and I called it "virtual Kenny" :) It was my attempt to create an application that could serve just as when he connected to my PC with PC anywhere!! Well through the years we grew in different directions, and he got upset when I turned away from Microsofts technologies and Visual studio because I wanted to learn Java to make my "dream work on PC and Mac" and that's when I found out about B4X. I realized that it could be the bridge to realize my vision. I've faced alot of problems walking that way, but I never gave up my dream I still work towards it.

Johan Hormaza and Mashiane like this.
  6. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

nice interface which reminds me of winamp's modern gui.

the contrast of the buttons could be better tho as I can barely see what the icons are.

7. ThRuST

@sorex Thanks. I am aware of this and as you state it is very important. The CSS theme can be modified for users own liking. The will be a forum where users can share modules. Each exported module includes a database for either the main database, floating menu, sound theme or design theme. That's why the development time grew steep. Those designs are extremely time consuming to create but the design is very important, at least in this project. To set up a forum for Athena is of great priority so I can get a beta version out. I am eager to see some interesting modules. I am not going to create too many myself since the project itself takes all my time. I just create the framework, then it can be filled with anything. So the design can look like anything really. I will provide my Photoshop templates for anyone interested. I would like to see a skin-editor but I will leave that to someone else since i'm busy enough as it is. Each design makes up of four .PNG images and a CSS theme. I've been using Winamp for years myself, it's great and the skin support is a great feature. I would like to do some fancy designs myself but I'm not Picasso, just a B4X programmer with some CSS skills :)

8. Mashiane

I like a lot +1M

ThRuST likes this.
  9. ThRuST

@Mashiane Thanks, I think it turned out quite nice myself :) I will focus on getting a beta out so you can give it a test ride. I've set the official release date to the 7th of September which is my birthday, yay 48!!

10. Mashiane

Yay 46!!

ThRuST likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice