Share My Creation Athena Lite

Updated 2022-08-08

Athena Lite Pro v1.1.17 (Win/Mac/Linux) has been released.

Athena Lite Pro is a cross-platform application that introduces a new concept that is developed using B4J and runs on Java framework 8 (RNE v1.8.0 181+).
It uses a floating menu to access files, folders and weblinks. By using a gaming mouse support for the general computer tasks,
the performance is more efficient compared to that of traditional methods for desktop usage. It extends the operating system with or without a gaming mouse.
Introducing Database modules (.DM) makes it easy to handle databases in the modules manager which offers the power of SQL to any use-case you might find.
Store all your documents into a database module and share it across platforms which gives you a platforms independent solution for working with any information
which can be recycled and accessed quickly when passed through cloud storage. Athena is your best friend, your assistant, your everything. Eternal knowledge at your disposal.

Try the beta version here:

Starcloud Matrix for Visitors
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2fn9qelihy2q8nd/AAAyxegta-3pOVF-W8q6k20Za?dl=0

Athena introduces a concept called Database modules (.DM) which gives SQL to the people.
There's a community ready to serve in building useful database modules.

1654838152772.png

1660314860004.png

1660005340992.png

Database Modules are made up by three rules:

Private - A module exported as private can only be mounted by the original creator. For all other users this will not be possible.
The creator can load it and edit it just like when creating a new module.

Public - A module that is exported as Public can be mounted and edited by anyone. They have full rights to edit it like the author.

Locked - A module exported as locked can be mounted and the content read by anyone but they cannot change anything.
Only the original author of the module can edit it just like when creating a new module. Similar to a Private module.
This type is suitable for commercial reasons, documentation, show-case, static information that users doesn't need to change.

Database Modules

Athena Lite Pro introduces Database Modules also referred to as "Knowledge Modules" which will be encrypted and can only be opened with Athena Lite Pro and will associated with a monthly subscription fee. Athena Lite and database modules works with Windows, Macintosh and Linux which means it's a cross platform universal concept.
This is simply a convenient way to store all documents into one file and pass between platforms. Since SQL is a worldwide standard it should better be used by everyone, not
only developers. This is what Athena is all about. It's just an empty shell, a framework that it ready to serve for whatever is stored in those modules. Text and images "only"!!

Database Modules Manager
By using the Database Modules manager it's possible to create, edit, save, export, unmount and mount a module. The GUI is optimized to make interaction ultrafast and smooth.
Modules are encrypted/decrypted using AES which keeps all users completely safe. You can store all your passwords in a private module and store on cloud storage.
Last but not least Athena bridges to Starcloud.nu which is a visual search engine. It is a service in it's own right but for now the software may be the main attraction.
There's not skin support and sound-themes so users can create their own personal look and feel for the app which is a great addition to a useful concept.

The name Athena comes from the goddess Athena in Greek mythology. She's the ruler of warfare and knowledge. A most suitable name for this SQL based framework.
It is moving towards an official release but so far the app has been tested for a long time and been improved so it's getting better all the time.
It's my honor to put this out to the world to behold what B4J can do for the audience. Thanks to everyone who's helping out with this massive project through the years.
It's finally moving towards a release after a lot of stages. It's staying on Oracle Java 8 and blows the full potential out of that framework. Retro still got it yay!!

Please like and follow my project on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Duologic.se

Best regards,
-=ThRuST=-

Last edited:

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel I created new icons based on logotypes that I found on the net. Please confirm that I have your permission to use these. The images are stored on my domain to prevent issues with image linking across the net.

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
The webview is hanging itself when reloading a php page. It seems unstable in Java 8. Or if it's bad programming from my side not sure.
A php page is loaded in the Jukebox tab, just to be clear. The same thing happens with Java 11. I have tested it.

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ops posted a new message in the wrong place :) I'm working on updates..