Java Question Attribute "fontProviderFetchStrategy" already defined with incompatible format.

Discussion in 'Libraries developers questions' started by DonManfred, May 13, 2019.

  1. DonManfred

    DonManfred Expert Licensed User

    I am building a wrap for Tapkey.

    Getting help from Erel i was able to come further in this but then i needed to add some more dependencies.

    Namely
    Code:
    #AdditionalJar: Tapkey.MobileLib-1.15.12.0.aar
    #AdditionalJar: TapKey2.jar
    #AdditionalJar: gson-2.8.5.jar
    #AdditionalJar: Tapkey.SharedLib-1.15.12.0.aar
    #AdditionalJar: auth0-1.15.1.aar
    #AdditionalJar: okhttp-2.7.5.jar
    #AdditionalJar: okio-1.11.0.jar
    #AdditionalJar: androidx.core:core
    #AdditionalJar: androidx.lifecycle:lifecycle-viewmodel
    I now ran into new errors.

    As far i can see it is because the Tapkey library is most probably using the Androidx Support-Libraries. Due to this i need to use them too (i read something similar in internet). There is also a guide for the Migration:
    https://developer.android.com/jetpack/androidx/migrate

    But i´m lost here as i don´t know what to do here to fix the problem.
     
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    Seems like you need to remove the old Android Support libraries. Create a new project with only these #AdditionalJars. Does it compile?
     
  3. DonManfred

    DonManfred Expert Licensed User

    Can you tell me what i have to use in ExcludeClasses if it does not compile in a new project? So i would know which to exclude and test it then.

    As of now i do not have the time anymore; need to go to work now. But i´ll try this evening and give updateinfo.
     
  4. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    ExcludeClasses won't be enough here. You need to remove the dependencies of the standard Android support libraries.
     
  5. DonManfred

    DonManfred Expert Licensed User

    You mean the artifacts in SDKPATH\extra\b4a_remote\ and also the lines in the installed-components.txt?
     
  6. DonManfred

    DonManfred Expert Licensed User

    Update:
    It does not work. Even in the Testproject i get this error.

    I tried to setup a new app two times.

    It ends with this error:

    What is your suggestion? How can i remove the dependencies to the old supportlibrary?
     
  7. DonManfred

    DonManfred Expert Licensed User

    i always added the tapkey code too.

    I now setup a third blank project. I now added only the #addditionaljar lines and the manifest.

    It compiles fine without an Error.
     

    Attached Files:

  8. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    I still don't understand which libraries cause the old Android Support library to be added. You need to find it.
     
  9. DonManfred

    DonManfred Expert Licensed User

    Probably it is this one which is referenced by Tapkey

    http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/auth0/android/auth0/1.15.1/

    The POM Content is:
     
  10. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    DonManfred likes this.
  11. DonManfred

    DonManfred Expert Licensed User

    I downloaded the source, checked where any Resources are used, replaced all support to androidxsupport (Mappings), found out that it is mostly the WebAuthActivity which was adding the Supportlibrary due to AppCompat activity and some more.

    In the code-flow one need to define the Webauth activity in Manifest and Tapkey will redirect to this activity.
    While going over the source and editing it i realized that the problematic Activity is called due to an Manifestentry. I thinked over this and saw that i - probably - can easily replace this activity with an B4A Activity.

    Finally i decided to remove the Auth0 WebAuthActivity and i´ll create an B4A Activity for the WebAuth (using Webview). Here i have all control over the webview that i need.
    In Manifest i´ll set the webauth activity to be the b4a activity. Hope to get further this weekend. Today i´ll get the Test-Hardware provided by my customer.

    I´ll update this thread - or maybe create a new one if i face another problem ;-).
    Honestly i do have another problem related to references to okhttp inside the library. I´ll create a new thread for this.
     
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    somed3v3loper likes this.
Loading...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice