Wish Auto Save

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

The new auto backup feature sounds interesting in the upcoming release, but it would be good if the IDE could auto save the project every xx minutes, and every time you open the designer.

Currently it seems to only save the code every time you run the project, but if it also saved it every xx minutes (or when it detects no code has been entered for 30 seconds to also save the project) or when you open the designer then it will help at lot as well.

I currently have an issue when I open the designer where it crashes the IDE, but if it saved the code before it opened the designer then I wouldn't loose any code when it crashes. Posted a question here about the crash I am seeing.

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
saving the open edited files is not always useful if u will just test something. auto backup and a copy for compiling is good.
its better if the ide use the files that are not open in the editor and that one (the content) are open in the editor but not saved, for compiling.
vb6 had optional a requester that is was possible to save before start the app but save was not required, so it was possible to open / edit a project , run it,
and if you dislike your changes, just close it and reopen the project and you got the original saved state.
load/save of project source code should be controlled by the user.