automatically send a csv file via active-sync

sunnyboyj

Is there a way to send a file (made by b4ppc) to my computer after putting my device in the cradle and starting up active-sync? Doesn't have to be programmed on the PDA, can maybe be a small batch-file on my computer?
Thanks
Sunny, Holland

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If your file is located under \My Documents it will be copied as part of the synchronization.
Other options are to use the RAPI library to copy the file (you will need to start the program after connecting the device), or you could send the file as an attachment with the Outlook library and it will be sent once you have a connection.

sunnyboyj

Ok, great answer!
I now save my file like:
Table1.SaveCSV("file.csv", ",", False)
How do I send it to a specific directory like \my docs?
I will also try to use the rapi lib. Looks even better. I can not figure out why it's a desktop-lib e.g. what it means. Does it mean I can not start this lib from a ppc?

By the way: thanks for all the answers to my (maybe stupid) questions. Please tell me, where do you find the time to do this for everyone? Is this a part of your job be anywhere software?
Regards
Jorrit/Sunny

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could use:
Table1.SaveCSV("\My Documents\file.csv"...)
Hardware.GetSpecialFolder can also be used to find the path of My Documents on nonstandard devices.

RAPI library can only work on the desktop. It uses Activesync to handle its operations.

No problem. You should feel good, these are absolutely not stupid questions.
Yes, it is part of my job.