Android Question AVD problems in 3.82

Roger C

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm not sure what is the problem really, but i can't open AVDs. They just crash and refuses to start.

Usually it fails to allocate memory. Even if i just set it to 10MB it can't allocate.

Sometimes it Failed to open HAX device. (Note that the two images with errormessage below is taken from two different run of the same setup. So it doesn't always complain about HAX)

It always ends with 'This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.'

I got it running one time of 50 and then it took 10 minutes to actually get the startscreen...

Supplied are two pics; one with the error meassage and one with the setup of the AVD.

Noted also that I have used B4A 3.80 without problems BUT now using 3.82 on a new computer. I can't go back and try the old setup since that computer is dead.
I don't really think it's a problem with the computer; Intel i5-3320M 2.60GHz and 4GB RAM. And the classification in Windows is 7.2 of 7.9...

AVD2.jpg

AVD3.jpg

AVD1.jpg

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the standard emulator is pure horror, check Genymotion or some other decent emulator.

Upvote 0

Roger C

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I will checkout the other one.
But still, why do I get the error messages? I've never had them before, been installed on three different computers over time but only in the last installation this shows up...

Upvote 0