B$AServer issue

sconlon

Licensed User
Longtime User
The app I am developing has a print function which I first implemented successfully using a bluetooth printer. However, I would rather not have the expense of providing a bluetooth printer to my clients so having read the posts on B4AServer I thought it might be a good alternative. I am not very familiar with java, php, webservers etc so I found it quite difficult to understand the setup of the system and haven't yet got it working - the current error given in the log is "Address already in use" which occurs on the line "server.Initialize(B4AServer.ServerPort, "server")" in the Service_Create sub in B$AServerService module. However, as I will be installing the app in clients sites that may be running PCs with anything from Windows XP to Windows 8 I am beginning to think that the whole system might not work across that range of systems. For example, I don't know about installing a board web service on an XP machine. Could anyone give a view on whether or not this would be feasible and what difficulties might arise?

Ta.

sconlon

Licensed User
Longtime User
I changed the port to 7891 and am now getting the following error in the log.

Error connecting: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to /192.168.1.35:80 timed out

The 192.168.1.35 is the internal IP address of my PC which I have put in the B4AServer.Initialize command
B4X:
B4AServer.Initialize("http://192.168.1.35/android/b4aserver/b4a_server.php", servername, "Main"
and set servername to the same as I have in the config.properties file. I have copied the files from your B4AServer-Desktop.zip file into folder c:\android\b4aserver and changed the config.properties file as stated above. But there is still obviously something I am missing!

Ta.

Upvote 0

sconlon

Licensed User
Longtime User
No. I thought that if I was using your board web server (during the development phase) I would not need one locally.

Upvote 0

sconlon

Licensed User
Longtime User
So just that I understand this correctly, if I am using your board webserver the only things I need on my local desktop are the b4aserver.jar, the run.bat file and a subfolder called files plus of course printhtml. If I am using my own webserver on it I will need the b4aserver.php and config.properties and the same things on my desktop PC but with the initialise URL pointing to my own webserver.

Upvote 0

mbatgr

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I have implemented a PC server - b4a client over Wi-Fi. Then client just control the flow of the programming running on the server in vb6 (basically by pressing appropriate buttons). What changes can do in order to use interne connection instead of WiFi? Is it enough to point the client to servers' http//IP: port? Also does anybody know how many connection mswinsocket can handle?
Thank you in advance,
Mike

Upvote 0

mbatgr

Licensed User
Longtime User
But the device will work as a b4a client while the desktop PC as a vb6 server. Do I put this question at a wrong thread ?-)

Upvote 0