Android Question B4A 9.5 not installing apps ... after Windows 10 update.

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
The last few days have been a pain, so I thought I'd share my experience and the solution ... so far.

I upgraded to B4A 9.5 and everything was fine for a few days. And then Windows 10 did an update.

I use USB debugging and most times everything is fine. BUT ... sometimes even a new app with no code added will compile fine and say it's installing to the device ... but nothing.

I restarted the ADB Server and sometimes that helps, sometimes it doesn't.

The only solution I have found so far, and it seems to work every time, although it's a pain, is to copy the APK to my phone and install it from there. After that, everything is back to normal, future builds are installed with no problem via USB.

I hope this helps other people that might be experiencing the same problem.

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No problems here with the last update from yesterday. I worked 1-2 hours after the patch. Check your antivir/firewall/router. Assume that the experts here with huge apps would have reported this kind of bug earlier if it was one.

Upvote 0

Geezer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I usually code when I'm out of the house, with a few hours to kill for work... and no wifi, so can't use B4A-Bridge. Any thoughts on adding the ability to connect to a smartphone running a hotspot ?

Upvote 0