B4A/B4i/B4j user conference?

will it make sense to have one in the future?

• yes

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • no

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I do not care

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
There impressive dimensions in this project: 70,451 members...therefore my question: has there been a user conference in the past or is a user conference planed for the future. I am interested in other opinions to this subject...

stefan

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
@eurojam : there is one every day... the chat ;)

yes I know, but there are pro and contras for each type of conference:
pro chat (virtual conference):
  • saving time and money
  • increased productivity
  • ...?
Pro face to face
  • face to face is more effective form of communication
  • better peer-to-peer and audience-to-presenter interaction
I would be interested in a b4a conference - so for example Rio de Janeiro would be a good place:rolleyes:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I only know 2 people in my country who used B4A, 1 gave up and went for Android Studio or something as it is part of his education.

So that would mean a pub visit instead of a conference ;)

I guess it's hard to organize something like that as most of us are mainly hobby coders and don't have budgets to fly around to the other side of the pond just for a meeting.

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
While it would be fun, I wouldn't fly halfway around the world for it. I simply can't justify that to my family, who would probably prefer to go on a different trip...

However, I think some live seminars and lectures over, for example, Skype, would be very nice. There's much knowledge here, and it would be nice to have some kind of "If you want to do this, here's the best way to do it" from an expert. These would not all have to be held by Erel, there are many competent people here I'd love to hear a lecture from.

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, if it was to be held in Borlänge, Sweden, I could supply a venue (I live in a former church/café by a small river, and the largest room is 12x9 m, check the Community map), as well as some BBQ and idyllic Swedish summer (fishing, beaver safari (the wet, unshaved kind with big front teeth), frisbee golf and so on). All this, of course, assuming a reasonable amount of people attend.

It's a bit off center in Europe, though, but when flying, it doesn't matter that much.

Wherever it's held, I propose the name "Eve of Construction".

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
beaver safari
charliesheen1.jpg

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would attend as long as you don't serve lutfisk :D

Don't worry, most people here don't eat it either, and most who do don't even like it, they just eat it because it's a Christmas tradition. Basically, it just tastes like tasteless fish.

If you want really disgusting Swedish fish, go for the fermented herring. If you just want slightly disgusting, go for the pickled herring.

another dirty mind who interpretted that just like I did, LOL

I pity you, if your associate big teeth with that kind of beaver...

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How about Israel? this is the Birthplace of B4X and host of its headquarters. I think we give this honor of the first ever conerence to Erel's home country.
If people agreed then count me.

Last edited:

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Beja, that is a realy good idea! Israel is on my list of countries which I want to visited within my life....

stefan