Bug? B4A-Bridge displays wrong ip

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is probably a duplicate of this reported bug, but since that one was reported in 2012 I thought it might be worth to report again.

I have a chromebook, and when using B4A-Bridge on it, it shows the wrong IP number, as displayed in the screenshot below. Interestingly the IP number it shows doesn't match any of the three ip numbers from the network info. It should also be noted, as one can understand from the previously reported thread, that B4A-Bridge also listens on the 192.168.1.253 address. So everything works fine, except from what ip is displayed.

1578943689557.png

(I suppose it's difficult to determine what ip is correct to display. One solution might be to show them all somewhere.)

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, it does not. It reports the exact same address as B4A-Bridge. And just to be sure, I also installed Network Analyzer (I just picked a network app with high ratings). That app agrees with B4A-Bridge. And then, to investigate an extra layer down, I also installed the wonderful Termux and ran the command ifconfig - which also agreed with B4A-Bridge for wlan0.

Buuuut then I also went into the Chromebook settings and took a look there, and that's where only one ip is displayed: 192.168.1.253. So, for some reason, it seems that the Android environment in the Chromebook don't see same ip as the chromebook. Perhaps some internal NAT going on?

I suppose this isn't really solvable, and it's not really important either. At least someone with this problem in the future can find this thread to get a better idea what's going on.

(The only remaining suggestion I have - barely worth implementing, I suppose - is in B4A-Bridge to show something like "You are running a Chromebook, this ip might not be correct - go check your network settings".)