Wish B4A-Bridge Icon - Traffic Light Scheme

PhilipK

Licensed User
Longtime User
On occasions, the connection between my PC and Android device is intermittent. It would be really helpful if the B4A-Bridge icon could be updated and coloured according to connection status:

RED - Bridge not connected
GREEN - Bridge connected

It can be frustrating to compile code only to find the bridge is not connected.

In terms of the thousands of users of B4A; this could amount to not only hundreds of hours saved but significant power as well. Wow, I think I may have just made a positive contribution to our planet!

Thank you, Anywhere Software for a great product and generating such a great community.

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
RED - Bridge not connected
GREEN - Bridge connected
@PhilipK
The below link has the source code for B4A Bridge 2.12 (latest version). It has a sub called: UpdateStatus. It has a label which you can change its background color according to connection status: You can also play around changing the activity background or title color from red to green to make it more noticeable. I did something like this a couple of years ago for an older version of B4A bridge and I had it in my wish list. Erel can certainly make it official in future releases.

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-bridge-source-code.8153/page-2#post-299234