Share My Creation B4A-Bridge-Relay, by 12Lab : deploy apk from B4A IDE to many targets; status; progress; B4A-Bridge

As we all know, to test several devices requires cycling a B4A-IDE through the multiple android devices, and waiting each time to deploy the apk to the target device. I modified the B4A-Bridge to add a 'relay' function, to simultaneously deploy to 1 or more additional devices running a B4A-Bridge. Just program the IP addresses (or address range) of the other devices into the -Relay, then connect the IDE to the device with the -Relay. The 'downstream' device 'Bridges' can be Erel's standard issue, or this B4A-Bridge-Relay, as desired. More info at the link below. This has saved me quite a bit of time and hassle testing multiple devices and multiple device apps.

Other additional features have been added:
  • can temporarily bypass the relay function, and re-enable it as desired
  • gives indication that apk transfer started, and progress of transfer
  • displays a 'Heartbeat' metric, which gives an indication of the connection condition, and is colorized for quick-glance feedback
Available at: Google Play, B4A-Bridge-Relay from 12Lab, and now in -Free

If you just want to add the transfer progress feature yourself, see http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-bridge-source-code.8153/page-2#post-212716.

This version still retains Bluetooth connectivity.

-Free Updated 2014/12/21 to v2.12.11: updated with several fixes and the PHONE_READ_STATE permission was removed (it was used in the past to show the device id)
-Free Updated 2014/09/12 to v2.10.10: Improved layout.
-Free Updated 2014/07/27 to v2.10.9: Changed "Wake Lock" behavior.
-Free Released 2014/06/29 Added -Free "Ads" supported version, so there is no direct cost to try -Relay.

Updated 2016/12/28 to v2.20.37: Added Themes, FTP Service.
Updated 2014/06/28 to v2.10.7: Added "Wake Lock", keep the device from sleeping, while UI is up.
Updated 2014/02/13 to v2.10.6: Added several enhancements.
Updated 2014/02/09-10 to v2.10.4-5: Enhancements; two bug fixes.
Updated 2014/01/28 to v2.10.3. Added a new feature.
Updated 2014/01/08 to V2.10.1. Fixes two issues.
Updated 2014/01/11 to V2.10.2. Fixes one issue, and releases an enhancement.
More information at: http://themr23.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/b4a-bridge-relay-by-12lab/.

Attachments

• Sample.7.jpg
    Sample.7.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 12,827
Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have many devices: S3, Nexus7, Acer Iconia, HTC HD2 and some other low-end devices

but Google Play Store says:

"This app is incompatible with ALL of your devices." :confused:

Have you restricted the app to certain regions/languages or have you added some other restrictions? It seems strange it will not be compatible with at least one of my above cited devices?

mr23

Licensed User
Longtime User
Updated 2014/02/9-10 v2.10.4-5: Enhancement; Bug Fixes

In some modes, such as Portrait, the Phone keyboard is used, to make it easier to enter addresses.
Keyboard is now auto-displayed when adding a client. IP entry has validation.

When IP address range and wildcard was added, the ability to enter a standard IP address was broken (v2.10.3). This is now fixed.
2.10.4 did not accept IP address segments with value of 0. Fixed.

Last edited:

mr23

Licensed User
Longtime User
"-Free" Updated 2014/07/27 to v2.10.9: Changed "Wake Lock" behavior; The lock is no longer released when the Activity is paused. Use the Exit button to release the lock and exit the application. This is to fix a Compile/Run deployment issue, the android may go to sleep when B4a-Bridge-Relay-Free is paused to switch to installation.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
does this still require the "click ok to install apk" "feature" ?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it's just that the pcb of my tablet has been shifted a bit in the case so my usb cable comes lose all the time.

so I am looking for a network based alternative without too much hassle.

so this or your original will work fine once the app has been confirmed once?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just tried it and even in rapid debug I need to press 3 buttons (overwrite, install, open) when I restart the app with the red rounded arrow.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
according to forum user Mike there are ways to install over wifi without extra clicks, but the device has to be rooted.