Android Question B4A-Bridge security warning from google

Gnappo jr

Licensed User
Longtime User
A warning message appeared on my smartphone that B4a-Bridge may be infected. I attach the screenshot.
B4A-Bridge has never been activated for over 16 days. I still uninstalled B4a-Bridge.
Did it happen to someone else?

Screenshot_20211104_103055_com.whatsapp.jpg

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes,
I also had the same problem yesterday and it did not allow me
download from Play Store,
He told me he was infected.

and today it allowed me to reinstall.

Upvote 0

Gnappo jr

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have reinstalled now on a samsung J3 smartphone(Android 9) and everything is fine, no security warning! While on the Honor 9 smatrphone (Android 9) I have the message again. Could it be due to some malicious software on the smartphone? I tried to install other apps like Autoscout and Thefork and with this I don't have any security warnings. So if it were malicious software on your smartphone, could it be aimed only at B4A-Bridge?

Screenshot_20211104_120104_com.android.vending.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabotto

Licensed User
It happened to me too. Huawei P 20 Pro and Android 10.
I have uninstalled it for the time being as I almost always use the cable

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Gnappo jr

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a false positive. It happens from time to time as B4A-Bridge installs other apps (your apps) and this can make it look suspicious to anti-viruses. As you can see in the app date on Google Play, it wasn't updated for quite a long time.

Note that the source code is available here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-bridge-source-code.8153/#content
Thanks Erel for your interest.
Some clarifications perhaps useful in the future:
The problem manifests itself during the installation of b4a-bridge from Googleplay and on the app. installed a long time ago.
The problem seems to be limited to the Huawei brand, this is very strange, it is as if Google security service acts differently on these smartphones.

Upvote 0