Android Question B4A Bridge with Bluetooth doesn't work in Debug mode

Sathish VM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

I've been using B4A to develop my android "Stock Portfolio" project for more than 18 months now. A problem that used to happen intermittently but used to go away after restarting IDE has become a show-stopper by now.

From yesterday the IDE doesn't deploy the app in Debug mode in the phone. When I goto Tools-B4ABridge-Connect Bluetooth I'm able to find the mobile phone and successfully connect in bluetooth. After this when I deploy in Debug(legacy) mode, it transfers about 231 files to the mobile and then stops momentarily, and then disconnects from bluetooth.

Please find screenshots of this problem attached.

PS: I'm able to deploy the app in "Release" mode.

PS2: I'm using B4A version 3.00 and Bridge v 2.09. The screenshots are from B4A Bridge plus because it shows the file transfer status.

Attachments

• Errors while using B4A Bridge.zip
    182.2 KB · Views: 166

Sathish VM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure why you see 231 files. It should send a single APK file.

Can't you switch to USB debug mode or wifi connection? They are more reliable than Bluetooth.

Hi Erel,

thanks for the reply. I'm now trying with wireless and ping fails to the IP of my phone. I tried using COMMAND.com ping and it also says Destination Host Unreachable. Could this be because I'm behind a corporate firewall?

hQz0vCU.png

Upvote 0

Sathish VM

Licensed User
Longtime User
This opened my eyes. My computer is connected to wired lan and my mobile to wireless lan and those are two different networks in my company! :) I'm now going forward with USB debugging. thank you for your help.

Upvote 0