Android Question B4A Designer Trojan

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A bridge keeps prompting me to install B4A Designer over and over and over and over again which is HIGHLY annoying I might add...

But my phone is running malwarebytes and every time B4A Designer installs, my malwarebytes freaks out and says its a trojan.

Android/Trojan.HiddenApp.az

I am sure its a false positive, but can someone at the b4a staff please get with malwarebytes and have this fixed. its driving me nuts.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A bridge keeps prompting me to install B4A Designer over and over and over and over again which is HIGHLY annoying I might add...
This should only happen once. The problem is with your anti virus software that removes it.

Can't you add an exception or ignore the warning?
There are no trojans in B4A Designer.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can add an exclusion sure, But it would be awesome if I didnt have to. But I understand things happen. But then that always raises the age old question, as to why it identifies as a trojan while the B4A bridge app itself, does not?

Upvote 0

shb777

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had the same problem. B4A bridge kept prompting me to install B4A Designer. I don't have any anti virus software. Finally I installed Designer, to get rid of the message.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had the same problem. B4A bridge kept prompting me to install B4A Designer. I don't have any anti virus software. Finally I installed Designer, to get rid of the message.
This is not a problem. This is the expected flow. B4A-Bridge checks whether the designer is installed and installs it.

Upvote 0

konradwalsh

Licensed User
Longtime User
@techknight you really think @Erel has put a Trojan virus in and none of us notice

Not my place, but you gotta ask what your even doing developing apps if you don't get these kinda basics.

How are you going to support all of the users who give you similar questions

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
@techknight you really think @Erel has put a Trojan virus in and none of us notice

Not my place, but you gotta ask what your even doing developing apps if you don't get these kinda basics.

How are you going to support all of the users who give you similar questions

"Get the basics" Really? Sorry bro fresh out of troll-mix and not buying any. Definitely not your place. but I will answer your concerns anyway. Not that it matters.

No, I dont think Erel has put a trojan in the software, and Nor did I accuse him of such. All I asked is why it was being identified as such while B4A Bridge doesnt. As in, How are they compiled? and if there might be a flag or something in there that could be setting off a false positive. I guess I didnt get descriptive enough and thats my fault.

As far as supporting users giving me similar questions? Not sure what questions you are referring to, and I never got any reports about my software doing anything of the nature and if I did, I would fix it. My applications are highly proprietary and they link up with hardware anyways so most people cant use it unless they purchase our product. That, and the only questions I DO get are functionality/feature/change requests and questions which I deal with on a case by case basis. Thats it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shb777

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is not a problem. This is the expected flow. B4A-Bridge checks whether the designer is installed and installs it.
but I don't want the designer. it doesn't work and i don't use it. why force it on me?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0