Stevenindonesia

Licensed User
Hi all,

I just created a blank project to try out full screen on B4a.. with :

#Region Activity Attributes
#FullScreen: True
#IncludeTitle: False
#End Region

and do the same in Designer as well ( Full Screen: checked, Show Title: unchecked). The funny thing is when i compile and run for the first time,
my phone shows fullscreen... but after the second compile or launch it by clicking the apk again, the app didn't go full screen (With a black border on top).

What may be the problem? Or can anyone test it? (*Just simply create a new project)

Thanks

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've only just noticed this (I'm a bit slow that way!) but on my Android 10 and 11 devices full screen does not actually mean full screen, for other apps that used to be properly full screen like AlpineQuest for example, as well as B4A ones. Full screen means to have a black area at the top of the screen occupying the status bar area. Non full screen turns the bar grey and populates it with the usual icons. Looks like a change in Android from at least version 10. Strange!
the funny thing is when i compile and run for the first time, my phone shows fullscreen
I don't see this, the black area is there from the first run.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My guess is that it is related to the tall aspect ratio:
Doesn't seem to be. I added
B4X:
SetApplicationAttribute(android:resizeableActivity, "true")
AddApplicationText(<meta-data android:name="android.max_aspect" android:value="2.2"/>)
to the manifest, even though the content of your linked thread implied this is not necessary for API 24 and greater but the result was the same.
You do not need to set a maximum aspect ratio if an activity's android:resizeableActivity attribute is set to true. If your app targets API level 24 or higher, this attribute defaults to true.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
These are from my Pixel 4a. The screenshots do not show the icons on the status and whatever-the-other-one-is-called bar as on Android 11 they are taken from an option on the recent apps screen. You can see the activity area is the same in both cases, non-full screen shows the usual time and network icons on the gray area, full screen just shows the black area. It probably is related to aspect ratio as my Galaxy Tab A8 with Android 10 and aspect ratio of 1.6 displays full screen as expected. My Redmi Note 9 Pro Android 10 aspect ratio 2.22 and my Pixel 4a Android 11 and aspect ratio 2.17 both show this anomalous behaviour - and as I said above not only on B4A apps.

FullScreenTrue.png
FullScreenFalse.png

Upvote 0

Nizze

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have almost the same kind of issue as Agraham describes.
I run my app in Split window/ Multi window and i get a white area at the top
And it is the in the same area as WIFI, BT, Battery symbols are .

And the default side of the apps have change in Android 11.

Br
Nizze

Last edited:
Upvote 0