B4A & the PayPal MPL

InteXX

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some of the persisting frustrations programmers face are recurring distractions from the work schedule; things like the necessities of eating and sleeping, etc. Solutions to these ongoing and systemic problems include IV drips, deprivation chambers and plastic tubes.

But I digress.

Other than the Guess My Number sample app—at which I happily succeeded—my first attempt at making an Android device bend to my superior will will be getting B4A to talk to PayPal's Mobile Payments Library (MPL). Link here.

My first product idea depends on this.

Keeping in mind that I have absolutely NO Java experience, will this be as simple as following the (well-written) instructions found here and here or could there be other hidden surprises lurking in the dark?

I'm going to start by assuming the former; I'll install Eclipse and work through the examples provided. If in the meantime anyone would like to jump in and save me from myself, that dose of reality will surely be welcome.

Thanks,
Jeff

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum, Sorry I can't help with the technical aspects of your post. I just enjoyed it so much I had to reply. I'm definitely not a Java techie.

I'm sure someone will be along to sort you out.

Steve

Upvote 0

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
I second this request.

I am getting ready to release my first paid app. But unfortunately I am from one of those countries which do not allow paid app release for developers yet. If there is a Paypal payment library available, it will be of big help for people like me. Kindly work on it.

Upvote 0